Missing add ons

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
SAS649

Missing add ons

Post by SAS649 »

After reinstalling client and contene 4.4, almost all of my add ons, both scenery and airplanes are missing .
Solution?
MikeB54

Re: Missing add ons

Post by MikeB54 »

If your addons install directly into the P3D directory structure you're most likely going to lose them. If they use the addons.cfg structure, they won't. At least that has been my experience. The only solution I'm aware of is to reinstall the ones you have lost.

Mike
downscc

Post by downscc »

Wow I really don't understand how removing then installing client and content can have any impact on add-ons. I assume you remove the modules using the Windows Apps for the uninstall? I assume you did not deactivate the license? None of the configuration files used by P3D for addons should be effected unless you also replace scenery. This is why LM created the ability to update client only, which is to eliminate the problem with addons.
Dan Downs
KCRP
SAS649

Post by SAS649 »

Seems like all the missing items is Aerosoft related.
PMDG is not affected.
downscc

Post by downscc »

By all means visit the Aerosoft forum and bring this up... quite possibly it is already a topic over there.
Dan Downs
KCRP