download difficulties

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
mtlt

download difficulties

Post by mtlt »

Hello,
i would like to ask a question about the difficuties i known for downloading the huge update on your website.'13 GO for P3Dv4.5.
I use mozilla firefox and i have no problem to restart downloading when it stops. I note that it stops about 3.5 hours so 3.5 gigabytes. I have only ADSL (2.1méga).I can't have the fiber optic for now. On other web site like ORBX for instance, i can continually download whithout failure huge update.
From where come the problem ?
Thanks for yours replies.
Michel.
downscc

Re: download difficulties

Post by downscc »

It is very hard to tell where in the internet the problem is occurring. It usually is not the server because most companies, especially large ones like LM, use commercial data services such as AWC to host their services in the 'cloud.'

I used to have much slower IP service and the solution I found was to use the Internet Download Manager. This relatively inexpensive tool integrates with all popular browsers and does a better job of downloading files faster than any browser. This solved my problem then and I like it so much that I continue to use it with my much faster service.
Dan Downs
KCRP
mtlt

Re: download difficulties

Post by mtlt »

Thanks for your reply.
Michel