[RESOLVED] Prepar3d 4.5 Update fails to display Scenario screen.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
BushePilot

[RESOLVED] Prepar3d 4.5 Update fails to display Scenario screen.

Post by BushePilot »

Following updating from 4.4 to 4.5, I launch P3D and it shows the initial loading screen. Then disappears. The Scenario creation screen never appears. Task manager shows prepar3d.exe running but it is totally inaccessible. I have to kill the process.

I have tried the following steps, backing up and removing all add-ons.cfg files, prepar3d.cfg file along with the shaders. I have also done the same with the dll.xml and exe.xml files. Basically no addon's should be loading and no external dll files or executables.

None of these steps has worked. Am out of ideas, and to me this looks like a fundamental issue with P3D v 4.5.
BushePilot

Re: Prepar3d 4.5 Update fails to display Scenario screen.

Post by BushePilot »

Just a follow-up, I backed up the Prepar3D folder under AppData/Local, AppData/Roaming and the ProgramData folder and removed them entirely. Launching P3D recreates them along with most if not all of the files, however still no joy. No Scenario creation screen ever appears.. I just have to kill off the process. Lots of other people are reporting the same issue over on AvSim.

LM, any ideas?
johnliem

Post by johnliem »

I Have also the same problem after updating, I only hear the sound of my Cessna.
Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-12900K, Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti, DDR4 3600 64GB, P3D V5
Simbol

Post by Simbol »

johnliem wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:07 pm I Have also the same problem after updating, I only hear the sound of my Cessna.

Could it be that Prepar3D is running on another screen or hidden? do you see it on the task manager? if so can you try to use the task manager to use the "swtich to" or "Bring to front" ?

Regards,
Simbol
CEO Flight Sim Technologies Ltd
Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com
Simbol

Post by Simbol »

Another suggestion, do you guys use SpotLights? if so can you disable it temporally to see if things work?

S.
pampiermole

Post by pampiermole »

Same here until I removed fslabs spotlight and the aircrafts.
Simbol

Post by Simbol »

pampiermole wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:24 pm Same here until I removed fslabs spotlight and the aircrafts.

You saying you got it working when you removed fslabs spotlight and the aircrafts.?

Regards,
Simbol
gypsyczar

Post by gypsyczar »

On my system disabling spotlights seemed to fix things
BushePilot

Post by BushePilot »

Sadly I do not use this SpotLight addon, so it is not the cause of the issue I am having. I have now completely removed P3D from the PC. Manually deleted every file related to p3d and have downloaded the full 4.5 installer. I am therefore currently installing it from scratch and hope that this will resolve whatever is causing this.
johnliem

Post by johnliem »

Yes I can see it see it on the task manager, but before updating, it starts up normal, and about disabling sportlights, do you mean to uninstall it via software? can someone confirm this please, thanks.
Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-12900K, Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti, DDR4 3600 64GB, P3D V5
Simbol

Post by Simbol »

johnliem wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:41 pm Yes I can see it see it on the task manager, but before updating, it starts up normal, and about disabling sportlights, do you mean to uninstall it via software? can someone confirm this please, thanks.
Yes uninstall spotlights via control panel -> add/remove programs.

Regards,
Simbol
johnliem

Post by johnliem »

I also removed removed fslabs spotlight and the aircrafts, and it works now.
laurentc

Post by laurentc »

Hello,

I have make a test.by moving spotlights and fslabs folder outside the add-ons directory

1- Lauching P3dv4.5

2- P3dv4.5 working

3- Closing P3dv4.5

4 - Adding spotlights folder in add-ons directory

5 - Lauching P3dv4.5

6 - P3dv4.5 working

7- Closing P3dv4.5

8 - Adding fslabs folder in the add-ons directory

9 - Lauching P3dv4.5

10 - P3dv4.5 stay in background with a sound.

11 -Closed P3dv4.5 from task manager

Enjoy

Laurent
lkalam

Post by lkalam »

Gents-

the A320-X/A319-X will require an update, as with every time a P3D v4.X update comes out.

Spotlights should *not* require an update, however, it should work as-is, until you try to reinstall it, at which time it will ask you to update to a later version (v2.0.0.11 will be required for v4.5, which is coming in the next day or two).
Lefteris Kalamaras
Flight Sim Labs, Ltd.
---------------------------
www.flightsimlabs.com
BushePilot

Post by BushePilot »

Just another follow up..

I did an entirely fresh install. After manually removing all P3D files/folders. No addon's installed so it is completely vanilla. Still exactly the same issue. Right after the updating scenery progress bar displays on the initial P3D screen it disappears and where usually you would see the Scenario Screen.. now nothing. In processes P3D is showing as running with some CPU time and some GPU time as a background process, however there is no UI. No possibility to switch to it. I have tried leaving this for well over 1 hour and no change. Only solution is to kill the process.

One thing that may or may not be relevant.. in the shaders folder it has created just 11 shaders, it is otherwise empty.

Basically 4.5 is a no-go for some indeterminate reason. I was running 4.4 absolutely fine prior to this update, which means I guess I might have to re-download 4.4 until the cause of this issue is identified and hot fixed.