Simdirector help Prepar3D v4.3

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
Jlunddk

Simdirector help Prepar3D v4.3

Post by Jlunddk »

Note: Topic split and moved to relevant Forum. Original Topic below

viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=131175

--------

Thanks, that fixed it, so every menu item is active again, and Y works for slew. Objects I have placed with Airport Design Editor (ADE) is still there, but the ones I placed with Simdirector is gone.
Does Simdirector mess up P3Dv4.3 and if so, is it something LM will fix, cause it looks like a great tool?

Jorn.
Poppet

Re: Repairing P3Dv4.3?

Post by Poppet »

Hello Jorn

The link below has some good Information with additional clickable tutorials Included.

Hope this helps

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/scenario ... rview.html
Jlunddk

Post by Jlunddk »

Hi.

Thank you, I know and have seen the link you mention, but now I have my P3D up and running again, I'm a little afraid to go into Simdirector again, as I still believe it was the cause of my last crash.
One other thing with SD that is it takes forever and ever to load object libraries. It was fairly quick when I only had Orbx and two airport addons in the sim, but I have tried it when my sim is filled with addons, ai, etc. and it just keeps loading and loading, and never finished. So I had to close it again.Even with previews/labels (sorry, can't remember what it's called) turned off, it wouldn't finish loading them, So for now at least I don't wanna uuse it, and it's a shame, cause it looks like it would be a very good substitute for Instant scenery designer 3.

Regards Jorn L
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Jlunddk wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:46 am it just keeps loading and loading, and never finished. So I had to close it again.Even with previews/labels (sorry, can't remember what it's called) turned off, it wouldn't finish loading them

Hello Jorn

Are you referring to the "Load Friendly Names For Catalog Object Models" Option ?

Have you tried turning of this Option Off ? Requires Restart to take effect

You will find this option here SimDirector > File > Settings
Jlunddk

Post by Jlunddk »

Yes "Load Friendly Names For Catalog Object Models" was what I meant, and I did turn it off and restart the sim, but it just kept loading and loading (at least that's what i believe it was doing), but after about an hour of loading, and nothing seemed to happen, I closed it down.
Next time I tried Simdirector, was after a complete new install of P3D, and then it messed up my sim as I mentioned in my first post. Now I'm afraid to try it again, even though I think it's a great prg. where one can actually see directly in the sim, where to place objects.
Jlunddk

Post by Jlunddk »

I'm 99.999999% sure that it IS Simdirector that messes up my sim. I took the chance and tried it this morning, and now I have excactly the same problems as the first time. A lot of menus are greyed out, Y for slew doesn't work etc.
It's twice now that I have tried Simdirector, and both times it makes me have to start all over again with my sim setup. Am I really the only one having this problem?

Jlund
Poppet

Re: Simdirector help Prepar3D v4

Post by Poppet »

Hello Jorn

I have split the Original topic and moved this part to the Simdirector Forum