[RESOLVED] How to remove default planes in V4.3?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
geejeetje

[RESOLVED] How to remove default planes in V4.3?

Post by geejeetje »

Good afternoon,

Since I installed P3D v.4.3, I see the default planes. I can not remove them in the usual way, namely by rename trafficAircraft.bgl. The trafficAircraft.bgl file can not be found.

How can I delete the default planes in P3D v.4.3?
MikeB54

Re: How to remove default planes in V4.3?

Post by MikeB54 »

I assume you mean you want to remove the default AI traffic. On my system the trafficAircraft.bgl file is in C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery

Mike
geejeetje

Post by geejeetje »

Yes, that's what I meant.
I installed P3D on another drive (P), so the location of trafficAircraft.bgl was on my system on previous versions always p:\p3d\Scenery\World\scenery. So I think we mean the same location. But since I upgraded to P3D v.4.3 I get the default AI traffic back, but can't find the file (so I also can't rename it).
Any idea?
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello geejeetje

The trafficAircraft.bgl file still resides at the location below

In a default Install you should have 17 files in this location

C:\Program Files \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D v4 \ Scenery \ World \ scenery
geejeetje

Post by geejeetje »

I'm very sorry, but the map C:\Program Files \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D v4 \
doesn't exist (only Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.3.29.25520). The map .... Scenery \ World \ scenery is on the p-drive, and there there is no trafficAircraft.bgl file. To make it even odd: on the whole system (all drives) nowhere can I find a file 'trafficAircraft'.
Could it have anything to do with Ultimate Traffic Live?
Kind regards,
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

geejeetje wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:24 am Could it have anything to do with Ultimate Traffic Live?

Hello geejeetje

Most of the time AI traffic Add Ons will disable this file But you should still be able to see it.

geejeetje wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:24 am The map .... Scenery \ World \ scenery is on the p-drive, and there there is no trafficAircraft.bgl file.

If you right click on your Prepar3D desktop Icon and "Open file location" is this the P Drive ?

Maybe your looking at an old Prepar3D Install ?

---------------

The trafficAircraft.bgl file is part of the default Scenery component.

You can return this file by repairing the Scenery Install through the Windows control panel,

Right click on Prepar3D v4 Scenery and click Change > Repair
Sky_King

Post by Sky_King »

UTL does not make this modification. Needs to be done by user. You could in P3D turn the Traffic in Options to zero.
Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5; Win11 Pro; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k..
nealmac

Post by nealmac »

If you're using UTL it doesn't disable the default AI traffic automatically. You need to move your P3D traffic sliders down to zero. The traffic from UTL is controlled from within the UTL interface.
Best Regards,

Neal McCullough.
geejeetje

Post by geejeetje »

Turning the Traffic in Options to zero indeed did the trick, thanks!