[RESOLVED] Black screen after loading scenario v4.3

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Xephyr

[RESOLVED] Black screen after loading scenario v4.3

Post by Xephyr »

Hi all - I recently updated to v4.3 of P3D.

Originally I just used the Client.msi file to do it, however I ran into an issue - when I open a scenario, the default one in fact (or any other for that matter) I would load in, then the screen stays black. I can hear the engines of the default F-18 (or whatever make it is :p) but still black. I wait for about 10 mins (have been told before shaders take a LONG time in P3D) but still nothing.

Today I resorted to doing a full reinstall - uninstall all addons etc.
After the 12.whatever GB file was finished, I reinstalled but still no luck. Strange observation: It didn't ask for my license key.
I load up, again in the F-18 at Eglin, but still get the black screen. Wait for 10-20 mins - still nothing.

This is just for 4.3, after I did the Client.msi update, I went back to 4.2 (found the old client.msi installer) and everything was fine.
Has anybody experienced this? Has anybody got a fix for it? Would love to be on 4.3 as the new Aerosoft 'bus requires it.
In the meantime I'll be in XP11 :p
Poppet

Re: Black screen after loading scenario v4.3

Post by Poppet »

Xephyr wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 pm Today I resorted to doing a full reinstall - uninstall all addons etc.

Hello Xephyr

Welcome to the Prepar3D Forum

Have you tried deleting the Prepar3D generated folders and then testing Prepar3D v4.3 ?

Reinstall the Prepar3D v4.3 Client and then please see the link below to remove the generated folders

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 11#p182066

Let us know how you get on
Xephyr

Re: Black screen after loading scenario v4.3

Post by Xephyr »

Hi Poppet,

I should have probably posted this sooner, but I managed to find a fix for this. It went something like this:

Delete Shaders from Appdata\Local\L.M.\P4D\Shaders
Delete "_default" files from the same location.
Restart PC
Delete Prepar3D.cfg
Run P3D as admin

It's not very scientific, but it worked! I'm posting the methodology for anybody else who might have the same issues.