[RESOLVED] Update P3D V4.3 and ORBX Addon's

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
gege21

[RESOLVED] Update P3D V4.3 and ORBX Addon's

Post by gege21 »

Hi there,

I just went to download the P3D V4.3 full zipped package and wish only update P3D using only Client then Content and Scenery msi files. Got the update very fine using this process but all my ORBX addon's sceneries are away and I get terrible sights over the landscape.
So does I have to uninstall/reinstall again all the ORBX Global, Landclass, Vector stuff each time after to have done a P3D update ?
Thanks for your advices.

Friendly thinking
Gerard
Poppet

Re: Update P3D V4.3 and ORBX Addon's

Post by Poppet »

Hello Gerard

Welcome to the Prepar3D Forum

After updating Prepar3D you need to launch the FTX Central control panel and wait 10 \ 15 seconds this will activate your Orbx scenery again.

If you have Orbx Global Base or FTX Trees you will need to reinstall these.

Have a look at the Topic below and follow the INDEX

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5222 ... eshooting/

Note: If you are still having Issues after this please contact the FTX Orbx Forums for official support
gege21

Post by gege21 »

Hello Poppet,

Thank you very much for the informative links on avsim. I don't knew very well how to do the process but now I'm aware and take care what is described in the process step by step.
For the P3D update, I updated the three parts Client, Content and Libraries as I really don't knew what was updated if only Client or Content or Libraries (if each part contain an update or not). So I updated these three parts.
I don't knew also to do a migration setup after an P3D update to be sure all files are validated. Good to know.

And waiting your answer, I done with FTX Central a complete uninstall/reinstall of the FTX Global, Open Landclass Europe, FTX Vector and HD Trees and updated the ORBX Libraries. I don't own Region from ORBX.
But I don't made a migration setup. All seems fine now into the game as the terrain textures and objects have a look as expected.

Thank you for your precious help I keep the link you provided of the update process in a safe place for the next P3D update.

Thank you very much much appreciated.

Friendly thinking.

Gerard
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Gerard

That's good news, Thank you for the update