Loading Flight plans

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
gilsonc

Re: Loading Flight plans

Post by gilsonc »

Loading the flight plan many times repeatedly does not work for me. If it did, then it was not a big deal to make that.
BG2518

Post by BG2518 »

BG2518 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:09 pm I didn't produce the plans.

Can LM tell us IF there has been ANY change to the format of pln files.

IF not then that could be a clue.
I believe our group use Plan-G to form their flights and I understand they have found no issues on a 2nd load each time (really annoying apparently) BUT if others are getting different results using other planners then an answer to the above may hold an answer? I'm working on the premise that nobody had issues before v4.3 and it now sounds like more than a simple bug which just may also involve all flightplanners.

LM, has the .pln file format changed in ANY way in v4.3 from previous releases?
gilsonc

Post by gilsonc »

It´s me again. The second trial of the flight plan loading was not being succesfull for me because I had installed only client. I installed today also content and the "way around" this bug is working now. LM should instruct by the time of any update which modules should be installed, with a simple "readme" file...
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

We made a couple fixes to the Flight Planner UI including fixing an error that prevented the cruising altitude from updating unless the routing type was changed and hybrid units not displaying correctly. I'm not sure how these changes could impact any third party flight planning tools but, as Kayla mentioned previously, we'll look into what's causing this issue and fix it in our next update.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
BG2518

Post by BG2518 »

The 3rd party flight planning tools produce a .pln file that has been compatible with all previous versions of P3D.

Like you, I saw no reason why that could have been an issue since the start of this thread and now, I believe you have effectively said that you've NOT changed the .pln format - right?
dvc1716

Post by dvc1716 »

Just a quick note to confirm that I updated P3Dv4 from 4.2 to 4.3 by updating only the client.
The loading flight plan "display issue" happened with a previously good flight plan from 4.2
I read the various posts and tried the "double load" trick.
It worked.
dvc1716

Post by dvc1716 »

Just a follow-up.
As I have a developer license I have a second setup that is strictly "vanilla" and is a complete clean install of 4.3.
I tried to load a third-party flight plan and it acted the same as my "client-update only" install.
Choosing load again then displayed the plan correctly.
Dreamflight767

Post by Dreamflight767 »

I'll chime in say that I too am having problems.

When I try to select and load a saved flight that I've imported from a 3rd party (sim brief in my case), the sim automatically tries to build a route. I have to go back and re-select the saved route for the sim to build and and load the saved route.

Thanks.
refields

Post by refields »

Another data point. On initial loading of a flight plan, I only get the endpoints. If I load it again, then it's fine.

All of my flight plans are generated in the P3D Flight Planner - no 3rd party app. In addition, I get the same reading problem whether my plans were created in 4.2 or 4.3. But for me, a second load fixes the flight plan and I can proceed as normal.

One other thing, though. Creating flight plans is now very difficult with what seems like two behaviors depending if I am creating a plan on the initial load where I select the plane, airport, etc, and if I am editing using the menu drop down after the program has fully loaded. On the initial Flight Planner page, If I enter the origin and destination, select VFR, and then try to grab the line on the map to drag it to an intersection, waypoint, airport, VOR, etc, I can't grab it. If I click with my mouse, it will sometimes drop a waypoint where I click and then I can grab the line to drag it somewhere. If I move the map it goes back to not being able to grab and drag.

In the Flight Planner after the program has loaded, I have a lot better luck grabbing the line to drag to a waypoint but when I try to drop the vertex on and airport, VOR, etc, it will frequently not upen the flyout giving the name of the marker and on mouse button release, the new vertex is offset and lower than the point where I meant to drop it.

Using the initial flight planner is a struggle. The flight planner when I call it from the menu bar after the program has loaded is much easier to use but still requires patience.

Something definitely changed. 4.2 wasn't like this. I'm fine and can wait, though. I have workarounds.
rhalunen

Post by rhalunen »

Five days have passed and still no resolution. Is there going to be a Hotfix or are we going to have to wait until V4.4?

Cordially,
Roger Halunen
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Everyone,

We identified the issue causing loading errors with certain flight plans. If this occurs loading the plan a second time should correct the problem. We will have a fix for this in our next update.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
GEK_the_Reaper

Post by GEK_the_Reaper »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:00 pm Hi Everyone,

We identified the issue causing loading errors with certain flight plans. If this occurs loading the plan a second time should correct the problem. We will have a fix for this in our next update.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Hello Rob,
yes that's correct! Loding a flightplan twice will actualy load the correct WP BUT....after loading the FPLN you still have to select a departing gate and BOOM, the FPLN is again lost (replaced by the default).

So the workaround does not quite work ;)

(In my case I create my FPLN with simbrief)
Gerald Krutsch - Germany

Core i7 4790 / ASUS H87-PRO / MSI GTX 970 / 16 Gb RAM Corsair Vengeance 1600 / 24" Full HD.

WIN 10 HOME 64 + P3D v4 + GEP3D + UTX Europe + FS Global UNG + ORBXTreesHD+ ASP4+ ASCA+ ENVTEX+ ENVSHADE+ GSX+ ChasePlane
badapple

Post by badapple »

Having the same type problem here. After a month of using version 4.3 now it will not load up a flight plan at all. If I select "LOAD" for the flight plan and then push "OK" a get a little window that says my flight plan is not complete. Additionally, when it does try to load, I see a flight path but it is always shown in Africa.

Hmmmmm.
Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brad Shiver »

badapple wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:31 pm Having the same type problem here. After a month of using version 4.3 now it will not load up a flight plan at all. If I select "LOAD" for the flight plan and then push "OK" a get a little window that says my flight plan is not complete. Additionally, when it does try to load, I see a flight path but it is always shown in Africa.

Hmmmmm.

It sounds like this is a different issue than the one reported in this thread. Are you seeing this happen with all flight plans? If you create a new one and try to load it, does it still say your flight plan is not complete?

-Brad
ArJunaBug

Post by ArJunaBug »

I just want to say ME TOO.

I've had this problem for as long as I've had v4.3. I only just now decided to come here and see if I could find a fix. I normally use Little Navmap to make my flight plans. It always have to load the flight plan twice to get all the waypoints. It has also happened with flight plans I saved from P3D, but I don't do that much. I've just gotten into the habit of always loading twice. Given all the other long waits starting up P3D it's not a huge problem, but would be nice to have fixed.

I'm really happy with v4.3 because I rarely ever have a crash, and I have a TON of add-ons, all made for v4 of course.