[RESOLVED] P3dv4.3 getting stuck at Generating Scenery Files Index on Startup

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
dbw

Re: P3dv4.3 getting stuck at Generating Scenery Files Index on Startup

Post by dbw »

I just went back to 4.2.Tthings are now working again.
Things happen. LM will fix it. This is a great sim.

Dave
jhaley101

Post by jhaley101 »

Same problems here. stuck.

Like the last poster, I'm sure LM will address/fix it. But when? October/November? Bit concerned that the updates feature some fairly decent problems, such as the ATC menu and the flight planner bug, double click on it, really?
But there's never a lot posted to explain the problems. A moderator (after pages and pages of posts) simply states, we have duplicated the error and will fix in the next update.

WOEFULLY inadequate.

Is there anyone more senior than the few moderators who cut and paste responses here who can talk about what issues LM is facing in issuing updates? I realize nothings perfect and I know it's just a sim. I don't demand responses or fall into the "I paid for this, so I'm entitled to support". But a few more insightful words by someone IN THE KNOW might be nice.

Are the people who actually update the program on a contract basis to do only so many updates in a year? With the exception of the 3rd party programs interfaces, it actually might be better to go back to 4.0 or 4.1.

I just don't get it. If I read one more General DEBUG post.......................
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

DaveB wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:24 pm In fact to get it running I re-installed "Clint" and "Content" and still had to clear the "Delete Generated Files" which has left me again with no added scenery at all. :(
Sounds like one or more of your add-ons was causing the problem.

Have you found out which one and if so was it in need for updating for P3D's new version?

I updated Client, Content and SDK and never had the P3dv4.3 getting stuck at generating scenery index on startup reported in this post. I do have some payware scenery and airports by various developers.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
jhaley101

Post by jhaley101 »

I decided to reinstall the latest version, from Ground zero. That's all components, not just client or content. Quite pleased to see that the simulator looks to enable all of my addons outside the main program. Hats off to LM for a much better way of doing business. Reinstallation is a LOT, LOT easier.

Closer to the focus of this thread, I did have an install of UTX Canadian scenery that locked the scenery loading at 99 percent. I had to close P3d via the Task Manager. When I restarted the sim and checked, the loading of UTX was completed and enabled in the sim. Not sure why P3d locks up, or at least shows a lock up. The other freezes involved other programs, too many to count - all different. But, I can close the program when this happens and restart it successfully.

For whatever it's worth.

JH
his79

Post by his79 »

Hello flight simmers,

I updated from P3D V4.1 to V4.3 yesterday and ran also into the stuck at scenery problem. But I found a solution that might help others.

What I did

As I told I first had the error, too. I installed V4.3 Client and Content and disabled all add-on.xml files and performed the "Delete Generated Files" from Prepare3D folder. Still no luck.

Finally I reinstalled the 4.1 client and startup went without problems. I read somewhere that the FSLABS A320 and spotlights might be a problem and deinstalled both. I gave V4.3 another try and now it works with all scenery.

Afterwards you have to install the new FSLABS version for V4.3.

TLDR; If you own FSLABS products, try to deinstall FSLABS A320 and spotlights before upgrading to 4.3

Nethertheless the V4.3 is more vulnerable to wrong add-on.xml settings like wrong paths our duplicate names. It does not give the option to disable a wrong configured scenery, instead it hangs at loading screen. Hope that will be fixed as finding the error is currently nearly impossible,

Best regards,
Heiko
por928

Post by por928 »

Interesting Heiko. I would have hoped by now, LM would have better trouble shooting methods, so that when P3D runs into an issue, it stops and says, 'you need to do so and so....rather than dropping you into a black hole.

For now, I have given up on v4.3 and reverted to v4.2, which works great. Maybe when v4.4 comes out, it will be easier to update.

I wondered when the update action causes us to reload all addons? eg, The client update does not require addon reloads...

Geoff
Regards

Geoff..YBBN