Aircraft Lighting Issue

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
INeedAStamp

Aircraft Lighting Issue

Post by INeedAStamp »

I just installed the PMDG 737 and have noticed a few lighting problems. First, the nav lights appear to be too bright. In FSX, the nav lights were never that bright. I also noticed this issue with AI aircraft and other addon planes. Second, the landing/taxi lights disappear when I move the camera around either outside the aircraft or inside the cockpit. I am using P3D v4.3. A solution would be greatly appreciated.
Bryan Harris
Martyson

Re: Aircraft Lighting Issue

Post by Martyson »

INeedAStamp wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:51 pm I just installed the PMDG 737 and have noticed a few lighting problems. First, the nav lights appear to be too bright. In FSX, the nav lights were never that bright. I also noticed this issue with AI aircraft and other addon planes. Second, the landing/taxi lights disappear when I move the camera around either outside the aircraft or inside the cockpit. I am using P3D v4.3. A solution would be greatly appreciated.
I am not seeing those problems.
Could you do a few screenshots (or video) of what you see?

Have you asked at PMDG forum or their ticket support?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
INeedAStamp

Post by INeedAStamp »

I haven't gone to PMDG yet as the issue occurs with AI aircraft and other user aircraft as well as the PMDG 737.

Here are the overly bright nav lights on the PMDG 737:

And the landing lights flickering. In this image, the switches can be seen in the on position but the landing lights cannot be seen.

After moving the view, the landing lights appear:
Bryan Harris
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

PMDG737 P3Dv4.3 lighting (screenshots).

Best Regards,
INeedAStamp

Post by INeedAStamp »

Do you know what could be causing these issues? If not, perhaps I should just try reinstalling some of the P3D components.
Bryan Harris
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

INeedAStamp wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:28 pm Do you know what could be causing these issues? If not, perhaps I should just try reinstalling some of the P3D components.
You could give the debugging steps a try:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,