ntdll.dll crash between Greenland and Canada Prepar3D v4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
m007j

Post by m007j »

I'm still having this issue westbound over the north Atlantic, and it's always just before entry to Canadian airspace, and is only triggered above a certain lattitude (testing has brought it up to 57N, which is about the areas you would cross when going Europe to the western US). Reproduced with both the PMDG 747 and 777, running ASP4, GSX (which I shut off couatl), and ORBX Global and OpenLC NA. I don't generally do those routes, so it really would be a PITA to go full vanilla and try it again, so I was hoping someone had found a resolution. Any takers? Thanks!
Last edited by Poppet on Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Post's split from an older Topic
Martyson

Re: CTD P3D4 Professional, urgent!

Post by Martyson »

"Reproduced with both the PMDG 747 and 777"

Did you or could you do a test with a P3D default aircraft to verify?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
m007j

Post by m007j »

I flew the Constellation from Iceland to Greenland, landed there, and continued to Canada; got a crash between Greenland and Canada.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

m007j wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:59 pm I flew the Constellation from Iceland to Greenland, landed there, and continued to Canada; got a crash between Greenland and Canada.
In the Windows Event Viewer what was the Name of the Module that caused the crash on the Constellation flight?

Was the "continued" flight a new flight with a reboot of the PC before entering the second leg flight plan and doing the flight?

Just to verify which version of P3D was used on Constellation flight and your P3D version for testing now?
Best Regards,
m007j

Post by m007j »

ntll.dll is the faulting module each time. I checked for FS9 native models in my AI, found none (my test flight was with AI off), and no, it was not with a reboot. Just a fuel stop, this is on v4.2. Just did the Connie flight this past Wednesday, but here's the latest error report:
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.16299.64, time stamp: 0x493793ea
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f87bb
Faulting process id: 0x920
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3c31719d9f215
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 079e9572-183b-470e-a209-0bdedce44b6c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

m007j wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:21 pm ntll.dll is the faulting module each time. I checked for FS9 native models in my AI, found none (my test flight was with AI off), and no, it was not with a reboot. Just a fuel stop, this is on v4.2. Just did the Connie flight this past Wednesday, but here's the latest error report:
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f87bb
Faulting process id: 0x920
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3c31719d9f215
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 079e9572-183b-470e-a209-0bdedce44b6c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
" I checked for FS9 native models"

This is where it becomes hard to tell what is wrong.
FS9 stuff used in P3D?

My thought.
The testing needs to be done on a default install of P3D without any AI programs/traffic, ActiveSky or any other addons.

This is a Windows error.

I always reboot PC between flights.
Best Regards,
downscc

Re: ntdll.dll crash between Greenland and Canada Prepar3D v4

Post by downscc »

The is a relatively long running thread in the AVSIM forum on this same subject. I mention because isolating this problem is going to be difficult because even if many experience this problem there are many more with equivalent systems and configurations that do not. The challenge is to find the source of the problem that only effects a segment of the user base. Only then can users provide LM with a reason to investigate further and only LM can resolve it but first they must see a concise problem statement. The guys over in AVSIM, as I'm sure Elaine can collaborate, have not yet found a repeatable way to effect the problem within the segment for which it happens.
Dan Downs
KCRP
mauig

Post by mauig »

I just flying from EDDF to CYYZ and have suddenly the same issue :-(

I only restart the sim and now it runs again.
I am curious about when the sim is crashing again during the flight.

I have just passed the waypoint LOMSI (AIRAC 1807) and almost reach the canadian east coast......strange, the sim is running smoothly
Wise87

Post by Wise87 »

Me and a friend were both flying from EDDN to KBWI. Were both in the PMDG 777 and he was 20 miles in front of me on NAT-A when he reported his sim crashed. I hit the same spot and my sim also crashed at the same spot. We were almost south of St. Johns between 46N50W and SUPRY on NAT-A when we got the CTD and NTDLL.DLL crash.

Strange how two different users and systems both get the same error/CTD at the same spot and out add-ons are totally different.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I get the same issue, but over some points in russia.

There's probably a fatal error in the base scenery somewhere and the sim just quits when you reach said point.
I recommend you keep autosave on for this. And make sure you have an acars program that shows the coordinates where you crash, this may come in useful later on.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Wise87 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:45 pm Me and a friend were both flying from EDDN to KBWI. Were both in the PMDG 777 and he was 20 miles in front of me on NAT-A when he reported his sim crashed. I hit the same spot and my sim also crashed at the same spot. We were almost south of St. Johns between 46N50W and SUPRY on NAT-A when we got the CTD and NTDLL.DLL crash.

Strange how two different users and systems both get the same error/CTD at the same spot and out add-ons are totally different.
I did a test flight (P3Dv4.3/Orbx global) EDDN FIX1 FIX2 SUPRY CYYZ.
My user fixes were prior to your reported problem area (46N50W and SUPRY).
I took off and climbed to 10k 250kts.
Went to map view and selected a lat/lon prior to my Fix2.
Then climbed to 20k enroute to SUPRY to test for any errors.
Flew beyond SUPRY.
No problems on my flight (did a few en-route screenshots).

Best Regards,
Wise87

Post by Wise87 »

Vaughan
Glad you didn't have a problem but as I said earlier, myself and another user, totally different systems, configurations, and add-ons both CTD at the same location. There is a P3D issue going on from all the post.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Wise87 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:45 pm Me and a friend were both flying from EDDN to KBWI. Were both in the PMDG 777 and he was 20 miles in front of me on NAT-A when he reported his sim crashed. I hit the same spot and my sim also crashed at the same spot. We were almost south of St. Johns between 46N50W and SUPRY on NAT-A when we got the CTD and NTDLL.DLL crash.

Are you and your friend flying On-Line (e.g., VATsim) together when you get the Windows NTDLL error?
Best Regards,
Thomasfa

Post by Thomasfa »

Hello,

I am Thomas from Austria and use P3D V4.3
I had the same phenomenon this weekend as I did with the other contestants.
Flight offline with PMDG 777 from LOWW to KEWR.
Just before the Canadian border, there was the CTD with ntdll.
It was a little bit north, but on W050

Best regards
Thomas
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Thomasfa wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:50 pm Hello,

I am Thomas from Austria and use P3D V4.3
I had the same phenomenon this weekend as I did with the other contestants.
Flight offline with PMDG 777 from LOWW to KEWR.
Just before the Canadian border, there was the CTD with ntdll.
It was a little bit north, but on W050

Best regards
Thomas
Have you tested with a default aircraft and no other programs (weather, multitasking/working on On-line , VATsim etc) running?
Best Regards,