Lost Ability to Pan Around Cabin/Exterioir - SimConnect Applications

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
thetford569

Re: Lost Ability to Pan Around Cabin/Exterioir

Post by thetford569 »

I have the same issue. I cannot own the view using either the hat switch on my yoke or the keyboard. When I go into spot view the view is centered on the rear of the aircraft. When I try to pan using the yoke or Keys the view fights any inputs and jerks back toward the rear view each time.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Lost Ability to Pan Around Cabin/Exterioir

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello everyone,

This appears to be caused when a SimConnect application is connected to the sim. Shift+number keys will work in this case as expected. Using numlock+number keys will not pan the view in this case. We apologize for the inconvenience and will work on a fix for this in our next update.

We aren't seeing any issues with hat switches rotating the view when SimConnect applications are connected. Which devices are showing this problem and does remapping this control solve the issue?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
thetford569

Re: Lost Ability to Pan Around Cabin/Exterioir - SimConnect Applications

Post by thetford569 »

Rob,

Thanks for the tip on the SimConnect applications. I was not able to pan the view with the hat switch even though it was assigned that function. After your tip I closed ChasePlane which I was using and the panning function returned. I am going to do some more testing to see however I believe that ChasePlane was the cause of this problem and it's not completely 4.2 compatible yet even though it still works. I also believe it may be the cause of some crash to desktops that were happening since I moved to 4.2. I am now testing with it disabled to see if it helps. Thanks.

Brandon
higgy_de

Post by higgy_de »

I have never used / installed chaseplane ...and have same problems ....so i think its not chaseplane software.
thetford569

Post by thetford569 »

higgy_de wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:45 am I have never used / installed chaseplane ...and have same problems ....so i think its not chaseplane software.
I should have specified. Uninstalling ChasePlane fixed the issue with not being able to pan with the hat switch. The num pad issue still remains. It’s a SimConnect issue so I suppose it could be anything that uses SimConnect causing the problems but now that I am not using ChasePlane I can pan the view with the hat switch and the crashes I was having have so far not happened. For me at least it was ChasePlane because I have not done anything else. I’ll wait for their 4.2 compatibility before I reinstall.

Brandon
Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brad Shiver »

Hey all,

Thanks for the continued updates regarding this issue. We will have a fix in the next release. For now the workaround described by Rob above should work.

-Brad
AnkH

Post by AnkH »

Brad Shiver wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:51 pm Thanks for the continued updates regarding this issue. We will have a fix in the next release. For now the workaround described by Rob above should work.
Sorry to ask, but what does this mean? I did not yet update to 4.2 and I am again happy that I waited for some days to read the first user reports. But now? "The next release"? Are you talking about 4.3 or about a hotfix? Seems not the only issue with Simconnect, also the menue selection is bugged heavily as I read in other threads. I guess for me it is best not to update to 4.2 until things are sorted, no?
------------------
Chris

Hardware: i7 8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti OC, Samsung SSDs (250GB for OS, 2TB for P3D), Windows 10 Home
rsmith6621

NUM PAD Issue

Post by rsmith6621 »

Has any determination been made on the NUM Pad issues that is keeping may of us from looking around the flightdeck od outside using the Numpad in Version ver4.2.

I figured out my earlier stutter/lag issue was related to FSUPIC.

Thanks

Randy

[POST MERGED TO TOPIC]
ljayma

Post by ljayma »

I think I am experiencing the same issue in v4.2. This is a fresh install the day before 4.2 was released and I am unable to pan around the cockpit using the Hat Switch- Saitek Pro Flight Yoke

The Look(Pan) is assigned to Hat Switch 1

Input Method>Direct
No other applications - ChasePlane is active
LJ
thetford569

Post by thetford569 »

ljayma wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:27 am I think I am experiencing the same issue in v4.2. This is a fresh install the day before 4.2 was released and I am unable to pan around the cockpit using the Hat Switch- Saitek Pro Flight Yoke

Input Method>Direct
I had that issue and had to uninstall ChasePlane for the Hat Switch to work. Panning around with the hat was not working with ChasePlane which as of now is not completely v4.2 compatible. I am waiting to re-install ChasePlane when they have a 4.2 version available.

Brandon
ljayma

Post by ljayma »

thetford569 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:16 am
ljayma wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:27 am I think I am experiencing the same issue in v4.2. This is a fresh install the day before 4.2 was released and I am unable to pan around the cockpit using the Hat Switch- Saitek Pro Flight Yoke

Input Method>Direct
I had that issue and had to uninstall ChasePlane for the Hat Switch to work. Panning around with the hat was not working with ChasePlane which as of now is not completely v4.2 compatible. I am waiting to re-install ChasePlane when they have a 4.2 version available.

Brandon
Got it.
LJ
evaamo

Post by evaamo »

AnkH wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:49 pm Sorry to ask, but what does this mean? I did not yet update to 4.2 and I am again happy that I waited for some days to read the first user reports. But now? "The next release"? Are you talking about 4.3 or about a hotfix? Seems not the only issue with Simconnect, also the menue selection is bugged heavily as I read in other threads. I guess for me it is best not to update to 4.2 until things are sorted, no?
I'd like to know this as well.
Thanks!
higgy_de

Post by higgy_de »

me 2
Havenman

Post by Havenman »

Just as a matter of customer politeness, is it too much trouble to answer the question about a hotfix?

Martin
hskjalm

Post by hskjalm »

One of my friends - who NOT has the problem - told me that he could provoking the error with pan and the num-keys if used the "AI Carriers" add-on, which uses it own keyboard shortcut.
He adviced me to check every add-on which load via "exe.xml" and "dll.xml".
I did that by deactivate all the add-ons and activate them one by one. With no effect or solution of the problem.
I also especially focused on add-ons which connect via SimConnect. Still the same result.
I know the "solution" with numlock off and holding shift down and the key tasts but it's not the same as before ;-)