Lost Ability to Pan Around Cabin/Exterioir - SimConnect Applications

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Lost Ability to Pan Around Cabin/Exterioir

Post by Rob McCarthy »

For those experiencing this issue can you please try uninstalling all add-ons, including FSUIPC and vehicles, and running the "Delete Generated Files" shortcut to confirm this is functioning with a clean Prepar3D 4.2 install. This guide goes through these steps: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246.

Then install each add-on one at a time to trace the cause. We aren't able to reproduce this issue on a stock install. There are several add-ons that are not yet 4.2 compatible that could be causing this issue.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Havenman

Post by Havenman »

For me SHIFT + NUMPAD works to pan around but I not what it used to be, or am I mistaken

Martin
higgy_de

Post by higgy_de »

same here ...numlock OFF ...shift and numbers on pad working as before
Uriah

P3Dv4.2 keyboard keypad not working

Post by Uriah »

After installing only the Client part for P3Dv4.2 the number keypad on my keyboard does not work when trying to move the view around the cockpit or in the external spot view. It worked perfectly on version 4.1. What's up DOC ?
hskjalm

Post by hskjalm »

I have also this problem after installing update P3Dv4.2 with Pan and my numeric keys ;-)
I am aware about numlock off and holding shift down.
But i hope someone finds a solution or there will come a fix to remove this problem.
Uriah

Re: P3Dv4.2 keyboard keypad not working

Post by Uriah »

UPDATE - Have uninstalled Client of v4.2 and reinstalled Client of v4.1 and the numbers keypad now works again !!
Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brad Shiver »

Hey all,

It would really help us track down the issue if anybody experiencing this problem can list your add-ons and disable them to see if it works on a clean Prepar3D. If we can narrow down the cause to an add-on, we will have a better idea how to fix it.

-Brad
Havenman

Post by Havenman »

Disabled all add-ons. No improvement.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Can you list all add-ons that were installed? Also were they just disabled or completely uninstalled?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Daveo

Post by Daveo »

Confirmed not working here also with a clean install and no addons. Had to reprogram all the number keys for some reason.
They were tied to flight controls, aileron, elevator etc.. with both NUM LOCK on or off.
Even tried my previous standard.xml file first.
Dave Opper
ESSB
Havenman

Post by Havenman »

Up to now I only deactivated my add-ons. Before uninstalling and reinstalling my add-ons, I think the replies from those doing a clean install and having the same problem would suggest to me that it is more than likely that the 4.2 update is causing this. Looking forward to your suggestions.

Regards,

Martin
American398

Post by American398 »

so the only solution i found so far was to change the key assignments. I know use the arrow keys. even though it says a numer its really the arrow keys.

pan up = 8(up arrow)
pan right = 6(right arrow)
pan down= 2(down arrow)
pan left = 4(left arrow)

supernovasurfer

Post by supernovasurfer »

In my case I have identified whats causing the view issue after the 4.2 update. I use ActiveSky for p3d4 , P3D runs fine and allows me to pan views from the cockpit with the NUM PAD keys , that changes the moment I launch ActiveSky...posting here in case it helps others.
raknal

Post by raknal »

still unable to use Pan views with NUM lock keys whether AS is loaded or not
B777ER

Post by B777ER »

Havenman wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:50 pm For me SHIFT + NUMPAD works to pan around but I not what it used to be, or am I mistaken

Martin
Thanks man, I just need to hold down the shift key now. Never used to be like that.