[RESOLVED] P3D v4.2 Blackscreen

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Felix330

[RESOLVED] P3D v4.2 Blackscreen

Post by Felix330 »

Hello,

yesterday I updated to v4.2. After starting my first test flight with v4.2 I noticed a big problem. The screen is and stays black. A downgrade solves this problem but I would like to use v4.2.
I think my graphics card is the problem. It is a Radeon RX 460 with 2 GB memory. This is the minimum requirement for v4. Did this change and I need a graphics card with more memory, if yes: how much memory or is there another solution?
Everything works fine if Content and Scenery are in v4.2 and the two others in v4.1. Do the academic and academic client need to be in same version?

Hope you can help me

Cheers

Felix
Kayla Dillon

Re: P3D v4.2 Blackscreen

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Have you tried deleting your generated files?

Are your graphics drivers up to date?

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Felix330

Post by Felix330 »

Hello Kayla,

thanks for the quick response! My drivers are up to date. Which generated files do you mean exactely?

Cheers

Felix
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Prepar3D generates files in the following locations:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

If you delete those folders, it will restore Prepar3D to the default settings. Most importantly, you should delete the shaders folder, located %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Felix330

Post by Felix330 »

Hello Kayla,

I renamed the folders you told me to delete. I think that makes no difference. It still doesn´t work. May it be, that my hardware isn´t good enough?
Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Felix
Felix330

Post by Felix330 »

I´m sorry, it worked now. Thanks for your help! I will do a few test flights now.