change from monthly professional to full purchase

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
bsmart

change from monthly professional to full purchase

Post by bsmart »

I presently purchase the professional version 4.1 for $9.95 per month. I do not have the Professional pro version monthly.

if I change to the full purchase of the professional version 4.1 for $199.00 .

Do I have to re install all my present monthly version from scratch. or can I just get a new serial code ?

Let me be clear

do I have to reinstall all my addon software scenery , etc etc if I move to the purchase model download for $199.00?
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: change from monthly professional to full purchase

Post by Brady Butler »

Once the monthly payment license runs out you should be prompted to enter another license. You can just enter the fully purchased pro license at that time. After entering the license you should be good to go without any other modifications.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
bsmart

Post by bsmart »

Can a force the change before it runs out?
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

I believe the only way to force it is to uninstall the Client and click yes when it asks to deactivate. Then reinstall the Client and enter license credentials when prompted. However, if that sounds too risky or is too much work, I'd recommend riding out the current license.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
sgthelena

Post by sgthelena »

I have the same question, but for going from the monthly to the academic version. Do I need to uninstall the monthly and then reinstall the academic version? Or can I just enter the license key for the academic version once the monthly runs out?
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello sgthelena,

You'll need to uninstall the monthly license version to go to the academic purchase. You can wait until the monthly license expires if you wish, but since Academic is a different version it will require a fresh install.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler