Missing Airports and how to update P3D scenery?

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
dmatthieu2

Missing Airports and how to update P3D scenery?

Post by dmatthieu2 »

Hi. It looks like there are a few major airports missing in the flight simulator. VTBS (Bangkok/BKK) and OTHH (Hamad Intl/DOH). It's a bit disappointing because I've flown there in real life.

Is there anyway to have these installed, or even if bought from third-party, how to install it in the default scenery cache so that the simulator actually recognizes it?
aeronauta

Re: Missing Airports and how to update P3D scenery?

Post by aeronauta »

The only way is to install them either from Freeware or Payware , provided they are P3D V4 compatible ... if they are the install will be automatic..I would not try anything else.

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
tecmerc

Post by tecmerc »

I am having the same issues. I am using the pdmg qots v.2 747-400f (default livery) and I have loaded product named "Los Angeles Aera Photoreal" scenery from blue sky scenery (the author misspelled it) product version 3, which detects or shows it can install to p3dv4 and proceeds to do so. However, when I sign in the lax airport has buildings in the center, but nothing else anywhere, as in cars (the 405) driving right by the se parking 11 (near cargolux). Its also extremely bright. I got some errors (Unable to write to directories) when I installed p3dv4 some of which I think refer to the directories where the scenery cfg files are. I am at a loss to figure out how to get p3dv4 to recognize the new airport files. I am still too busy reading all the documentation and messing with the fmc to bother with the actual taking off part right now, but would appreciate any advice on how to get the scenery into p3dv4. Thank you.
pllava01

Post by pllava01 »

Anyone knows where I can get a VTBS for P3Dv4.2? The ones I am finding are for FS9 and FSX

Thanks,
pllava01
hectorp

Post by hectorp »

Is is possible to add airports built with ADE 1.75? I have done it but cannot get the right folder to be recognized by P3D4.
rhgrant1

Post by rhgrant1 »

aeronauta wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:03 am The only way is to install them either from Freeware or Payware , provided they are P3D V4 compatible ... if they are the install will be automatic..I would not try anything else.

Jorge
This should not be so. LM should be updating all of these airports to the latest. Navaids should be done as well. For a developer to put out a half baked scenery set is really unacceptable. LM sell this as a training tool with wrong and incorrect data !!!!???? and people think its OK then for the end user to go buy scenery to fix LM's slack approach to this issue!

Ive sent emails to LM about this with NO RESPONSE! Talk about no customer service.
I use Xplane 11 as well and their airports are almost all up to date and changes are done in a timely manner.
The dataset LM is using for P3D V4.2 from what I read is still the old FSX dataset! Really??

To have a major airport like VTBS MISSING is an indictment on LM for the approach they take to this.

Fix the problem LM PLEASE!!!!
Regards

Rob
nealmac

Post by nealmac »

rhgrant1 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:19 pm
aeronauta wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:03 am The only way is to install them either from Freeware or Payware , provided they are P3D V4 compatible ... if they are the install will be automatic..I would not try anything else.

Jorge
This should not be so. LM should be updating all of these airports to the latest. Navaids should be done as well. For a developer to put out a half baked scenery set is really unacceptable. LM sell this as a training tool with wrong and incorrect data !!!!???? and people think its OK then for the end user to go buy scenery to fix LM's slack approach to this issue!

Ive sent emails to LM about this with NO RESPONSE! Talk about no customer service.
I use Xplane 11 as well and their airports are almost all up to date and changes are done in a timely manner.
The dataset LM is using for P3D V4.2 from what I read is still the old FSX dataset! Really??

To have a major airport like VTBS MISSING is an indictment on LM for the approach they take to this.

You do realise that there are 23,000ish airport in P3D? and with airports constantly changing and eveolving keeping up isn't going to be that easy.
Best Regards,

Neal McCullough.
rhgrant1

Post by rhgrant1 »

nealmac wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:16 am
rhgrant1 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:19 pm

Jorge

You do realise that there are 23,000ish airport in P3D? and with airports constantly changing and eveolving keeping up isn't going to be that easy.
Hi Neal.

Yes I do realise that BUT the majority of airfields dont change that much. What I am referring to here is that there are MAJOR airports missing (VTSB as just one example) and airports and navaids that changed designators 10years ago havent been touched. As I said earlier, apparently the database is the old FSX database. Dont you think that when LM put out P3D they might have done something about updating - but apparently they didnt.

As I also said I use XPlane 11 as well and they dont seem to suffer this problem.
Regards

Rob
nealmac

Post by nealmac »

rhgrant1 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:37 am
Hi Neal.

Yes I do realise that BUT the majority of airfields dont change that much. What I am referring to here is that there are MAJOR airports missing (VTSB as just one example) and airports and navaids that changed designators 10years ago havent been touched. As I said earlier, apparently the database is the old FSX database. Dont you think that when LM put out P3D they might have done something about updating - but apparently they didnt.

As I also said I use XPlane 11 as well and they dont seem to suffer this problem.
You may have a point. Although I know many airports have been updated. One that comes to mind is Dublin. It has the new terminal 2 in P3Dv4. I'm also fairly sure there are others.
Best Regards,

Neal McCullough.