FSRecorder Compatibility or Video Recorder Studio P3D V4

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
MA Flightsimulation

FSRecorder Compatibility or Video Recorder Studio P3D V4

Post by MA Flightsimulation »

PLEASE! Will there EVER be a patch or compatibility for FSRecorder or something comparable specifically for P3D V4? It's next to impossible to create quality videos without a sim-specific recorder studio!
Thank you!
MagyarMatt

Re: FSRecorder Compatibility or Video Recorder Studio P3D V4

Post by MagyarMatt »

I second this. Surely it's a relatively easy fix to ensure that all control surfaces display properly on the replay. Not to mention that reviewing and analysing the various phases of a flight is something that many of us are interested in doing.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

You should probably direct this question to the FSRecorder developers. Because v4 is 64-bit, any 3rd party add-ons which rely on dlls have to be updated and recompiled against the v4 SDK. If there are any specific issues with our v4 SDK which are preventing such an update, we encourage all developers to report the issues to us so that they can be addressed.

Have you tried using cinematographer mode? I believe the default is shift+f5 to enter this control mode. It allows you to control the camera independently of the aircraft. The easiest way to use it is with an xbox controller or similar gamepad, You may also want to look into recording and playback of flight segments in SimDirector. We also have improved some of SimDirector's features related manipulation of windows and cameras.

Thanks
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
MA Flightsimulation

Beau Hollis wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:10 am You should probably direct this question to the FSRecorder developers. Because v4 is 64-bit, any 3rd party add-ons which rely on dlls have to be updated and recompiled against the v4 SDK. If there are any specific issues with our v4 SDK which are preventing such an update, we encourage all developers to report the issues to us so that they can be addressed.

Have you tried using cinematographer mode? I believe the default is shift+f5 to enter this control mode. It allows you to control the camera independently of the aircraft. The easiest way to use it is with an xbox controller or similar gamepad, You may also want to look into recording and playback of flight segments in SimDirector. We also have improved some of SimDirector's features related manipulation of windows and cameras.

Thanks
Thanks for your reply. The issue for me primarily not available in P3D, is the render feature in FSRecorder 2.17 +. I have Chase Plane, so cameras aren't the issue. Render feature made it easy to record with limitless FPS as well as not having to use screen capture recording software. Also, I could bookmark different parts of the flight with automatic camera changes as well.

Perhaps this could be features you implement in a future update?

Regards
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

Who develops the software you're wanting to use? Why can't you contact them?
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
MA Flightsimulation

WarpD wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:06 am Who develops the software you're wanting to use? Why can't you contact them?
They've (FSRecorder) been dormant for a few years in updating there software. I'd hoped LM would pick up where they left off.
ateh1

Post by ateh1 »

The name of the developer of FSRecorder is Matthias Neusinger from Germany.
I contacted him already years ago, when P3D v1.3 was brought out.
He totally stopped working on FSRecorder already back then, and I don't believe he will return back in FS market.
However, an old version of FSRecorder (v. 1.331) is still functioning in P3Dv3.4.
I tried to install it in P3D4 with no success.

Anyway .. FSRecorder v 2.17 is the most amazing tool ever built for FS imho.
Not just speaking of the rendering option, but the advanced recording mode where you can even modify the position of the airplane, the improved 'play as traffic' mode is amazing. It's a damn stable software for FSX.
As far as Matthias Neusinger told me, it is not possible to install his version 2.17 into P3D because it hacks around sim connect, and Prepar3D doesn't allow that. True? However .. it's really a pity not having this tool in P3Dv4.
Alexander Ther
Video Editor
Scriptless

Post by Scriptless »

ateh1 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:44 am The name of the developer of FSRecorder is Matthias Neusinger from Germany.
I contacted him already years ago, when P3D v1.3 was brought out.
He totally stopped working on FSRecorder already back then, and I don't believe he will return back in FS market.
However, an old version of FSRecorder (v. 1.331) is still functioning in P3Dv3.4.
I tried to install it in P3D4 with no success.

Anyway .. FSRecorder v 2.17 is the most amazing tool ever built for FS imho.
Not just speaking of the rendering option, but the advanced recording mode where you can even modify the position of the airplane, the improved 'play as traffic' mode is amazing. It's a damn stable software for FSX.
As far as Matthias Neusinger told me, it is not possible to install his version 2.17 into P3D because it hacks around sim connect, and Prepar3D doesn't allow that. True? However .. it's really a pity not having this tool in P3Dv4.
You will get this feature back in P3D v4 with ChasePlane's Replay System later this year
msdejesus

Post by msdejesus »

'...You will get this feature back in P3D v4 with ChasePlane's Replay System later this year.'

Can't wait!