[RESOLVED] Ground steering with V4.1 - A2A Aircraft & EZDOC

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Bruce R

[RESOLVED] Ground steering with V4.1 - A2A Aircraft & EZDOC

Post by Bruce R »

I've successfully installed V4.1 into P3D by un-installing and re-installing the client file. Now I seem to have an issue with ground steering of default and add-on aircraft. I have rudders assigned through P3D. However, on the ground while taxiing the rudder fin moves as it should, as do the front wheels but the aircraft do not turn. I have no ground steering. I have tried assigning rudders through FSUIPC but have the same problem. This occurs with default and add-on scenery. I have also re-calibrated all axis.

Any ideas??

Regards

Bruce R
MeatServo

Re: Ground steering with V4.1

Post by MeatServo »

Bruce R wrote: I've successfully installed V4.1 into P3D by un-installing and re-installing the client file. Now I seem to have an issue with ground steering of default and add-on aircraft. I have rudders assigned through P3D. However, on the ground while taxiing the rudder fin moves as it should, as do the front wheels but the aircraft do not turn. I have no ground steering. I have tried assigning rudders through FSUIPC but have the same problem. This occurs with default and add-on scenery. I have also re-calibrated all axis.

Any ideas??

Regards

Bruce R
Same issue here.
A Real World Airline Pilot - https://www.twitch.tv/meatservo/
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Just upgrade Client only , tested the F22 with the saitek pedals assigned through P3D and all is OK...

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
musterpilot

Post by musterpilot »

I have the same problem even with the default piper cub
MB Gigabyte Aorus Z690 master CPU i7 12700K @4.6ghz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Memory 32ghz Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200mhz Cooler Noctua NH-D15 with 2 fans Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Case Thremaltake level 20xt Windows 11 64 bit
CrazyEyesKiller

Post by CrazyEyesKiller »

I updated Client and Content, and all seems just fine...EXCEPT, I too was experiencing some strange taxi problems. I have the MFG pedals (which are really wonderful) and had my calibration and nulls exactly perfect in 4.0.X, but now there seems to be something fishy trying to taxi in 4.1.

My pedals are assigned in P3D, but calibrated with MFG calibration utility.

Using PMDG 737NGX I taxied from gate to runway, takeoff and 1 lap, then land and taxi to gate for only 1 flight, so no extensive testing yet. I checked my calibration and it is perfect.

Aircraft wouldn't taxi straight forward, and I don't think it was a xwind issue as the wind was 15 deg. off the nose/tail at 5kts. I did some testing to see if a brake was dragging, and I'm fairly certain that's not the problem. I have a slight null at top and bottom of brake pedal throw and it appeared to be working correctly. Same with rudder/nosewheel, slight null at center and my calibration tells me it's perfect.

My previous flight last night in 4.0.X, prior to installing 4.1 Client and Content, taxi steering was okay.
Steven Miller
yycvor

Post by yycvor »

I am too. I've reinstalled pretty much every addon, disabled then enabled everything, reinstalled 4.1 etc. etc. However my problem seems to be moving the aircraft in general. Seems I am stuck, the aircraft only skips forward about 1kt at a time. Slewing airborne the aircraft(s) still do not move. My animations for flight control surfaces are bang on as are the calibrations and control settings. (no fsuipc controls).

It seems that I'm frozen.

And yes, autopilot, parking brake and the obvious stuff are off haha
hermes82

Post by hermes82 »

just finished a flight in the f16 and landed at dublin, same problem with steering, I tried recalibrating and changing from raw to direct input with no change
CrazyEyesKiller

Correction to my previous post...my rudder is/was assigned in FSUIPC, NOT in P3D. No matter, I tried un-assigning in FSUIPC and re-assigning in P3D and same result.

Seems the Default F22 steers fine. NGX is the only other I've tested.
Steven Miller
Kilstorm

Post by Kilstorm »

Seeing same results in the A2A C172 with rudder and brakes assigned via FSUIPC. But not an issue with the Real Air Lancair.
Only tow planes I have really tested so far in v4.1.

Edit to add that I did Client update only from v4.
dwbluez

Post by dwbluez »

Me too. Default planes and PMDG. No ground steering. The animation on the outside,the front wheels are working, meaning they are turning but have very little effect (NO Grip). Almost like the FSL A320 if you don't have a tiller setup. I'm only getting about 6 Deg of turn radius.
I looked for a tiller setting. I'm not seeing it. Even setting controls in FSUIPC didn't work. Grounded for now I guess.

I'd go back to V3 to fly the A320. Oh wait, That's still fubar!
CrazyEyesKiller

So far I've tested PMDG 737, 747, and default F22. Only plane that doesn't steer correctly (as far as I can tell) is the NGX...F22 and 747 seem to work fine.

Unless I see a fix posted beforehand, tomorrow morning I'm going to try an uninstall and reinstall of the NGX and see if that fixes it.

Thank you to all the participants in this thread.

I am also following a thread on AVSIM about this issue:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5216 ... -with-v41/
Steven Miller
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

I have tested a few Default and Payware ( Carenado, A2A, pp )aircraft , no problems at all, all my payware and freeware AC are installed using the Add-on Package method , Nvidia Driver 387.92 , P3D V4.1 only Client upgrade, controllers via Spad.Next and P3D (only for testing)

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
musterpilot

Post by musterpilot »

I have fixed the problem of steering by doing a complete reinstall and all is fine now
MB Gigabyte Aorus Z690 master CPU i7 12700K @4.6ghz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Memory 32ghz Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200mhz Cooler Noctua NH-D15 with 2 fans Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Case Thremaltake level 20xt Windows 11 64 bit
dwbluez

Post by dwbluez »

If you have EZDOCK installed and are having ground steering issues. Try disabling "Fuselage Shakes" in the effects channel. It fixed the problem for me anyway. I have reproduced and tested it several times.
Ephedrine

Post by Ephedrine »

Hello,

that was advised on the A2A forums too by a staff member, but I don't have EZDok... The Ground steering issue only appears on A2A airplanes on MY side, PMDG jets and P3D default airplanes are ok.. Going back to 4.0 (directly from the download site) fixes it, reinstalling the 4.1 client brings the issue back. My rudders are assigned via the P3D control options, elevator and ailerons via FSUIPC.

Greets,
Marc