Help with installing old scenery into v2.5 please

Forum for Prepar3D Developers to show off their work or post about their add-ons or content created for Prepar3D
bobmay

Post by bobmay »

I have v2.5 up and running. No probs with installation and performance is outstanding, well done team. However, I want to install my VFR photo scenery that worked well in 2.4. I had referenced the locations from FSX in the v2.4 scenery library. I fondly imagined that all I need do was to import the scenery.cfg file from v2.4 into v2.5 but .....V2.5 does not have a scenery.cfg file !!! At least my copy doesn't. The default v2.5 scenery is all working so there must be some sort of file that's controlling it. Some one else must have encountered this and found the solution, any help would be appreciated.
Bob
Saul

Post by Saul »

You Scenery.cfg hasn't changed location. It's still found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
If you cant see the file it may have hidden attributes, these can be made visible from Control Panel \ Folder Options.

Alternatively you can add Scenery 1 By 1 manually from inside P3D. World \ Scenery Library.
bobmay

Post by bobmay »

Thanks for your reply Saul. I was looking in the wrong folder. I have now tried all the "short cuts" I know to get my FSX photo scenery into v2.5 and none of them worked. I have 8 volumes of UK VFR scenery and 3 volumes of UK airfields, it will take all day to add them one by one into the scenery library but it seems there is no alternative. V2.5 looks great but I won't be upgrading again if it involves a complete re-install.

Bob.
dafyddp3d

Post by dafyddp3d »

Hi Bob
My scenery between v2.4 and 2.5 was identical, and once I had ensured that all of the scenery references in my v2.4 scenery.cfg were re-established (ie copied back to the appropriate locations - some references were in the main Prepar3d v2 folder), I simply replaced the v2.5 config file with that from v2.4, checked it once more for errors with the excellent application Scenery Config, and that was it, job done. My scenery files also included VFR photoscenery, and there was no way I was going to re-install that lot if I could help it!!
Dave Nash

P3D v5.3.17.28160 on Win 10 64 bit (21H2.19044.1682)
3 x 4k Monitors driven by 3 x GTX1080Ti
Mobo MSI X99A SLI Plus, with Core i7-5930K @ 4.2GHz, 32GB Mem (3000MHz), Corsair M500 SSDs
FSUIPC, PMDG 747, 777, VRS FA18