Frasca sim host with Prepar3d as IG.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
xdefiantx

Frasca sim host with Prepar3d as IG.

Post by xdefiantx »

Hi all,

We have a Frasca B200 sim that has CIGI output from a its own host server.

I can get Prepar3d to connect as an IG and the host can relocate the aircraft, change weather, time of day etc with no issue.

A couple of questions on the best way to proceed for a few items I need resolved;

1. The Frasca host has the ability to generate a TCAS event with traffic being created and the aircraft PFD displays pick it up on TCAS. The Prepar3d visuals however do not display any traffic. I assume this would be something like associating an entity to an aircraft object in Prepar3d so when the entity is generated by the Frasca host it has an entity/aircraft object to correlate to in Prepar3d? How would this be best achieved?

2. When physically switching on a landing light hardware switch in the Frasca sim, the visuals dont know to display the landing light being on. Is there some way that the host is triggering the prepar3d IG to turn on landing lights that isnt being sent properly?

3. For the 3x projector wrapped view setup I have it would be nice to show the left and right wings only (no cockpit or aircraft fuselage etc). What is the best was to set this up. Do I need to generate a different entity ID for the view vs the ownship?

Thanks all.