[RESOLVED] List of pre-built weapons

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
navymustang

[RESOLVED] List of pre-built weapons

Post by navymustang »

I have the complete weapons, guns and countermeasures systems running on my helicopter. No issues.

Is there a listing of existing (prebuilt) weapons, guns and countermeasures?. For example the Sidewinder missile is pre-defined, but how do I know the names of other pre-defined weapons and such? And with countermeasures - I see there is both a "Flare" and "Defensive Flare" defined but I don't see any difference in behavior. Are these objects listed anywhere?
Thanks
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: List of pre-built weapons

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi navymustang,

I don't believe we list these objects in the Learning Center, however you could have a look at your SimObjects directory in your Prepar3D installation. Here are a few examples:

SimObjects\Countermesaures
SimObjects\Weapons
SimObjects\Misc

Within these directories you should find individual SimObjects for weapons and countermeasures. Within the sim.cfg for each, you can find the Title for each object. The Misc directory contains pylons and a few other pod attachments. Guns are not SimObjects and are configured by the GunSystem.xml file.

Another option would be to load SimDirector, and have a look at the Object Catalog. From there you can filter by Entity as well as the simulation type (i.e. Weapon/Countermeasure). This would then provide you a list of all available objects.

Hope this helps,
Clifton
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
navymustang

Re: List of pre-built weapons - RESOLVED

Post by navymustang »

Perfectly helpful - thank you for the quick response.