multichannel weather effect Sync....

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
kalsbold

multichannel weather effect Sync....

Post by kalsbold »

I am using 3 PCs synchronized with multi-channel.
When starting for the first time, the cloud effect is properly synchronized and output on each pc screen.
However, if the aircraft crashes, or resets the scenario, synchronization is broken, each creating a different cloud effect.

Is there a way to synchronize weather effects like clouds on every reset?
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Re: multichannel weather effect Sync....

Post by Beau Hollis »

Are you using volumetric clouds with enhanced atmospherics, or legacy billboard clouds? I thought that mutlichannel sync of weather was done on scenario load and that a reset after crash would that case. You could try loading your starting scenario manually to see if that resolves the issue.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
neilhewitt

Re: multichannel weather effect Sync....

Post by neilhewitt »

So does the multi-channel host transmit the randomly-generated data on volumetric clouds to the clients, so they can draw exactly the same clouds? Because my understanding is that TrueSky uses random noise to make the clouds and the noise values will be different on each computer in the multichannel cluster. This would lead to clouds not matching up at the border between views, for example.