Garmin 500 FPL Leg won't jump anymore

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
Gary Z.

Garmin 500 FPL Leg won't jump anymore

Post by Gary Z. »

I need help rescuing a feature that once work fine but no longer, for at least 2 years. A major disappointment for a long time. Using Windows 10 and Prepar3D_v5_Professional_5.1.8.26742.

I fly my Maule M7 260C which provides Garmin 500 nav. I load a multi leg flight plan. During flight, I used to be able to jump to any desired flight plan's leg, but no longer. During flight, I use the following steps to skip the next leg but P3D does not respond. It just continues flying the current leg. What am I doing wrong?

To activate a specific leg of a multi-leg active flight plan:
1. From the Active Flight Plan page, press the CRSR button to activate the cursor.
2. Rotate the large knob to highlight the desired destination way point.
3. Press the MENU button, select the "Activate Leg?" option, and press the ENTER button.

If I use Direct-To to jump to a different selected way point after step 2, that works fine, but it also deletes the rest of my flight plan. I don't want to do that.

I replaced my three P3D program files with downloaded replacements but that did not help. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks much. Gary