[Issue] Need help! F-16 AM with loadout pitching up cont. with 1.1 Gs with no input

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
zamirk

[Issue] Need help! F-16 AM with loadout pitching up cont. with 1.1 Gs with no input

Post by zamirk »

Hi LM members,

I am using P3D v4 and v5 and it's really amazing. You guys are doing great.

I am a fan of your F-16 module. I am using the F-16 AM version and loaded it with 2xAIM-9, 2xAIM120, Centerline Fuel tank, and 2 x Underwing fuel tanks. I am experiencing an issue, when I unselect "ignore wight on aircraft" and "ignore forces on aircraft" options in Realism settings, my aircraft continues to pitch up with 1.1 Gs considering idle joystick position. I checked my joystick, it's working fine and also I checked this issue with my joystick unplugged. Without loadout configuration, it's dead straight but when I attach weapons it's always pitching up with 1.1 Gs and after 5-6 seconds I have to readjust the input. It's really very hard to maintain altitude when flying in multiplayer. I couldn't figure out the issue. Kindly can anyone help me in this regard or its client application issue? If this is an issue then how to resolve it.

Best Regards,
Zamirk
JorgenSA

Re: [Issue] Need help! F-16 AM with loadout pitching up cont. with 1.1 Gs with no input

Post by JorgenSA »

Zamirk,

At first sight it looks like the CG has moved too far aft with this loadout, and when you unselect those two settings, Sir Isaac Newton - the guy who invented gravity - goes to work.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Re: [Issue] Need help! F-16 AM with loadout pitching up cont. with 1.1 Gs with no input

Post by Martyson »

@ zamirk,

Any additional information on your F-16 AM flight?
Flight situation / speeds / altitudes tested?
When not on multiplayer?
Is your manual Trim Panel working?
Note: Fly by wire is not fully supported so some trimming is needed.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
zamirk

Post by zamirk »

@Jorgen

Hi,

Thanks for your precious time. F-16 AM 'aircraft.cfg' has empty_weight_CG_points = -1.25,0,0. How can we check that it is correct or not?

Regards,
Zamirk

JorgenSA wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:00 am Zamirk,

At first sight it looks like the CG has moved too far aft with this loadout, and when you unselect those two settings, Sir Isaac Newton - the guy who invented gravity - goes to work.

Jorgen
zamirk

Post by zamirk »

Hi @Martyson,

Thanks for your precious time. I am using Thrustmaster HOTAS COUGAR which is not fly by wire. Please find the image for the controller Y-axis values, which is mapped to the elevator axis, it's dead centered.

I have flown the aircraft in single-player and multiplayer both modes, aircraft behavior is the same. Trim settings remain unchanged, you can also have a look at it.

For flight situation/speeds/altitudes tested, please find the screenshots below:

I have noticed that only the "Ignore weight on Aircraft" option causes this to happen and sometimes it's going down and sometimes it's going upwards. Also, I have noticed that Gs are not fixed, it goes up to 1.3 Gs. Please see screenshot below:

Best Regards,
Zamirk
Martyson wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:50 pm @ zamirk

When not on multiplayer?

Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ zamirk,

You mentioned your setup has the Thrustmaster HOTAS COUGAR.

Nothing wrong with that.
But I do not use it so cannot comment on its setup.

I use and test with the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and the Saitek Flight Yoke.

In your setup are you using software provided by Thrustmaster (Target GUI) or just the P3D default for controller setup / calibration?

I cannot read the details in your screenshots (not zoomed in).

As for the Trim.
I asked if your Trim Panel was working?

If you are On Altitude and On Speed with a trim setting then the trim panel would not be indicating zero trim (centered).

Do you use FSUIPC?
Have you tested with no external tanks / stores?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
zamirk

Post by zamirk »

Hi Martyson,

I also use Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, same results for both devices.

I am using P3D defaults for controller setup/calibration.

Kindly, You can zoom in on the webpage by mouse center scroll + control key to see the details. HUD picture is the best thing I can give you to see the details.

Yes, the trim panel is working. By default, trim panel settings are mentioned in the images in the previous post, which are 0% for roll, pitch, and yaw trim(centered). I have uploaded all the screenshots with default trim values.

No, I don't use FSUIPC.
Yes, I have tested without external tanks/stores, aircraft retains its course without stores. This problem occurs only when stores are added.

Thanks for your precious time.

Regards,
Zamirk
Martyson wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:18 am @ zamirk,

You mentioned your setup has the Thrustmaster HOTAS COUGAR.

Nothing wrong with that.
But I do not use it so cannot comment on its setup.

I use and test with the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and the Saitek Flight Yoke.

In your setup are you using software provided by Thrustmaster (Target GUI) or just the P3D default for controller setup / calibration?

I cannot read the details in your screenshots (not zoomed in).

As for the Trim.
I asked if your Trim Panel was working?

If you are On Altitude and On Speed with a trim setting then the trim panel would not be indicating zero trim (centered).

Do you use FSUIPC?
Have you tested with no external tanks / stores?
zamirk

Post by zamirk »

@Martyson,

Thanks for your precious time and masterly hint which led me to find the cause of this problem. As fly by wire is not fully supported, that is why sim requires constant input.

Can you please guide me to implement fly by wire control system for F-16?

Once again I am really grateful to you for the guidance.

Warm Regards,
Zamirk
Martyson wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:50 pm @ zamirk,

When not on multiplayer?