WidevieW and Wide Traffic relevant with P3D Pro Plus?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
ncngrr

WidevieW and Wide Traffic relevant with P3D Pro Plus?

Post by ncngrr »

Does P3D Professional Plus eliminate the need for WidevieW and Wide Traffic?

I used both WV/WT for the past few years and was satisfied with the result. I’ve lately run into a problem with WV, though, that I can’t resolve and there appears to be no support any longer at their Forum (question go unread/unanswered for months on end, if ever). So, I’m looking at P3D Pro Plus with its multi-channel capability as a remedy to get me up and running again.

I have 5 1080p monitors for outside views, three on one PC and two on the another PC. I currently also have a sixth 1080p monitor for the instrument panel using Sim Innovations Air Manager and SPAD.neXt. I plan to add more screens for things like GNS 530/430, WX Radar, etc. I’ve reached the point that a third PC is inevitable.

Current PC specs are as follows:
1. I7-4770K, 2 x GTX760, 16 GB RAM
2. I7-4790K, 1 x GTX1070, 16 GB RAM
3. (Proposed) i7-9700K, 1 x RTX2080, 16 GB RAM

Here are my questions:
1. Which PC should be P3D Server?
a. What views should it support?
b. I’m guessing the i7-4770K should be the server and run the instrument panel and other ancillary cockpit/controls views, along with SPAD.neXT/Air Manager, all USB acessories, weather engine

2. Which PCs should be P3D clients?
a. What views should they support?
b. I’m guessing the i7-4790K (90-left and 90-right window views) and i7-9700K (front three window views: 45-left, front, 45-right)

3. Will P3D Pro Plus Server distribute AI aircraft to the clients and keep them sync’d between PCs/views?

4. Will P3D Pro Plus Server distribute ASP4 weather data to the clients and keep them sync’d between PCs/views?

5. Can a P3D Client PC be used to run ancillary programs/views such as RealSimGear GNS 530, REX/MilViz WX Radar, etc? (these are not stand-alone apps; they use graphics provided within the sim)

6. I used Fly-Elise Immersive LCD Pro to calculate the frustums and generate the ViewGroups.xml. I assume using those outputs with ViewGroups is how P3D is designed to produce the panoramic displays.

7. Regarding the use of "/MULTICHANNEL": the SDK says, "On each machine that is participating as part of the overall multichannel system, the following command line argument must be supplied to specify the configuration file to run:
/MULTICHANNEL:"<Config File Path>" . I'm not sure I understand what I'm to do here. I find the P3D network configuration file and add a line that reads, "Prepar3D.exe /MULTICHANNEL:"C:\Prepar3D\Network.CFG" (assuming I would use the actual folder where I install P3D!)?

8. Regarding downloading multiple copies of P3D Pro Plus, do I simply download the same Pro Plus software, activate the one that will be the Host/Server, and don't activate the client copies? I assume that the "/MULTICHANNEL" tells the clients to look to the server to verify it is properly activated. Yes?

I’m sure have more questions, but that’s all that come to me at the moment. I really would just like some affirmation that I'm on the right track!

Thanks much.
Scott
sisoffi

Re: WidevieW and Wide Traffic relevant with P3D Pro Plus?

Post by sisoffi »

Hi Scott,
yes it completely replaces videview and vide traffic. However you must keep in mind that the system must be perfectly synchronized with the hertz refresh of the TV/monitor/projectors that you will be using in the client with the host PC and it is not a simple thing.

2. Which PCs should be P3D clients?
best possibile because you have the portion od the visual infull details. in your case i7 9700K
the 4790k can ben host the scene.

a. What views should they support?
resolutions?

b. I’m guessing the i7-4790K (90-left and 90-right window views) and i7-9700K (front three window views: 45-left, front, 45-right)
no! use 4790k for the host (you can use it for the large scene view and other monitors for panels, instruments etc).

3. Will P3D Pro Plus Server distribute AI aircraft to the clients and keep them sync’d between PCs/views?
yes without problems.

4. Will P3D Pro Plus Server distribute ASP4 weather data to the clients and keep them sync’d between PCs/views?
yes, you can use which weather app you want. The ASP send weather to host and host send in real time the syncornization weather to clients pc.

5. Can a P3D Client PC be used to run ancillary programs/views such as RealSimGear GNS 530, REX/MilViz WX Radar, etc? (these are not stand-alone apps; they use graphics provided within the sim)
im not tested it, i think no.

6. I used Fly-Elise Immersive LCD Pro to calculate the frustums and generate the ViewGroups.xml. I assume using those outputs with ViewGroups is how P3D is designed to produce the panoramic displays.
yes is perfectly ofr your use. (viewgroupo need to be put in the host pc while the calib.pro generated from lcd immersion to the client pcs.

7. Regarding the use of "/MULTICHANNEL": the SDK says, "On each machine that is participating as part of the overall multichannel system, the following command line argument must be supplied to specify the configuration file to run:
/MULTICHANNEL:"<Config File Path>" . I'm not sure I understand what I'm to do here. I find the P3D network configuration file and add a line that reads, "Prepar3D.exe /MULTICHANNEL:"C:\Prepar3D\Network.CFG" (assuming I would use the actual folder where I install P3D!)?
network.cfg ned to be call from p3d clients, host.cfg for the server host.

8. Regarding downloading multiple copies of P3D Pro Plus, do I simply download the same Pro Plus software, activate the one that will be the Host/Server, and don't activate the client copies? I assume that the "/MULTICHANNEL" tells the clients to look to the server to verify it is properly activated. Yes?
only host need to be licensed, the clients no must be to have content client and scnery without activation.