Multichannel

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
sisoffi

Multichannel

Post by sisoffi »

Hi at all,
I found a balance with regards to the multichannel system between my pc server host (minimal settings and only panel isntrumnts and the two clients pc with the external visual).
I still have the problem of the instrument panels opened in the server that are automatically duplicated even in the clients in addition to the only external visual, I dont know just to understand why they open and how to intervene so that this does not happen. I tried also to put 0 on shared aircraft but nothing.

any suggestions?
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: Multichannel

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi sisoffi,

When do the panels open exactly? Does this happen when you first start the multichannel setup or does this happen with a scenario load?

One potential workaround would be to remove the panel entries from the aircraft's panel.cfg file on the two client PC's.

Also, which version of P3D are you using?

Thank you.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
sisoffi

Post by sisoffi »

Hi Crif, thankyou.
I use the 4.3 version.
the panels are duplicated in the clients when I start the multichannel system with the saved flight default (without panels) or when I select the saved flight with all saved panels 2d. P
Practically whenever you choose a flight that has already been saved including the start flight.
I will try to remove the panel.cfg like your suggest.

have you idea why some effects like landing lights are not immediately show on the clients but are activated after some time and not in all 2 clients but only one. I checked all effects and seem perfect.
thank you
Simone
sisoffi

Post by sisoffi »

Hi Chris,
the panel.cfg leaved from client didnt resolved the question.
Disancor views from my cockpit is not accept to client. I disancor 3 or more views the client
show the viewgroup + disancor views from server.
i dont understand :(
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi sisoffi,

Are the panels that are being opened on the clients specific to the selected aircraft or are they Prepar3D scenario panels (i.e. on-screen timer or compass)?

Thanks.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
Eric P.

Post by Eric P. »

Hi!

thinking about the Multichannelfunction in v4... sounds good, but i have a question about it:

1. right that i have to use 4 pc´s for a 3-display-view-setup? 1 as main, 3 as client?

2. whats about addon´s? don´t understand it i think: do i have to install 4 "same" versions, one per pc? incl. addons, sceneries etc?

3. whats about weather via simconnect? (as16)

4. whats about syncro of light´s like lead-in-light? (running over the blended part of the screen)

Thanks for the answers

Regards
Eric
sisoffi

Post by sisoffi »

Clifton Crane wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:09 pm Hi sisoffi,

Are the panels that are being opened on the clients specific to the selected aircraft or are they Prepar3D scenario panels (i.e. on-screen timer or compass)?

Thanks.

Hi clifton, sorry or late reply but for one year i didtn test nothing. I these days i start to test something but this problem is not resolved. the panels opened on the clients are specific selected aircraft.

I discover one thing, i used for the first test 4 monitors on server all attach to my GPU cards, onclient perfects no dupliacate panels.
Yesterday i plug 4 miniVGA for the instruments via USBtoVGA adapters and the panels come again on clients. I dont know at this point monitors need to be only attach to official GPU and so need to add a second gPU card (viewgroup config in fact ddetect me usbtoVGA like Radeon cards and not like their name).

thanks for support.
Andover

Post by Andover »

I have the same problem too(P3D v5.2),no idea...
f111sim

Post by f111sim »

Hi guys, I'm not exactly certain that this is what you are concerned about but I've found that the aircraft you are using in your clients must have the same panel.cfg as the aircraft in your host. In fact the airplane folder must be identical in the host and the clients.
The way I stopped the instrument panels from displaying on my clients was to open the panel.cfg on the clients and change each visible=1 entry to visible=0. Then when the clients connect to the host you will see the instrument panels initially display as blank windows but when P3D is fully running these will disappear, leaving you with your external views.
I hope this helps.
Regards,
Rod
Andover

Post by Andover »

f111sim wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:11 pm Hi guys, I'm not exactly certain that this is what you are concerned about but I've found that the aircraft you are using in your clients must have the same panel.cfg as the aircraft in your host. In fact the airplane folder must be identical in the host and the clients.
The way I stopped the instrument panels from displaying on my clients was to open the panel.cfg on the clients and change each visible=1 entry to visible=0. Then when the clients connect to the host you will see the instrument panels initially display as blank windows but when P3D is fully running these will disappear, leaving you with your external views.
I hope this helps.
Regards,
Rod
Thank you very much for your information, I will try it out in a while.