[RESOLVED] Massive fps drop using saved scenarios

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
Dwight_talley

[RESOLVED] Massive fps drop using saved scenarios

Post by Dwight_talley »

I am having a problem with frame rates dropping when I use saved scenarios. I start out at the gate of a default airport with an in cockpit fps of 40 using the PDMG 737 and by the time I get to the active runway my fps has dropped to 1. Repeating the exercise without using a saved scenario, I can fly with 45 to 50 fps for hours.

I have noticed that some working saved scenarios develop this same problem after a few flights.

For testing I have not been using any add ons to eliminate possible problems.

Windows 10 pro 64bit

Thanks for any help you can provide

Dwight
Intel Core i7-7820X Skylake-X 8-Core 3.6 GHz, X299 AORUS Gaming 7, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4, NVIDIA 980 4gb.
Dwight_talley

Re: Massive fps drop using saved scenarios

Post by Dwight_talley »

So I seem to have found the issue. I loaded up a known bad scenario and changed the destination airport from what was saved in the FMC. The sim ran perfectly, 75fps from the chase plane view and 40fps from the cockpit. Something is being corrupt in the flight plan that is causing the problem.

Dwight
Intel Core i7-7820X Skylake-X 8-Core 3.6 GHz, X299 AORUS Gaming 7, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4, NVIDIA 980 4gb.