Prepar3D will not start

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
Kimo42

Prepar3D will not start

Post by Kimo42 »

Ok, I have followed yoke step by step instructions to get P3D v4.2 up and running again. I uninstalled the software for my saitek yoke and peddle, restarted my system to have it go back to the desktop. After entering the start up page, I clicked the start button and after the 100% loaded message P3D close and goes back to the desktop.
I have updated Windows, Logged in as Administrator, Checked Graphics card settings, Disable antivirus software, lowered the UAC, restarted my computer after each change and same as above, 100% then back to desktop.
I then deleted the generated files and Prepar3D CFG files, restarted my computer and started P3D. The startup screen comes up, I hit the start button, I get a 100% loaded and P3D goes back to the desktop.
I unplugged all my usb devices, except the mouse, same thing happen like above.
I checked that Microsoft Visuals, .Net Framework and Direct X were up to date, no luck.
Where do I go from here?
I have a windows 10 operating system, intel 4770 cpu, 16 gb of DDr3 memory, Asus 1050 graphic card, with PMDG 737, Aerosoft CRJ-700, AS16, My Traffic, Flightbeam, KIAD, KSFO, KDEN, FSdreamteam, KLAX, KLAS, KORD, REX4 Texture Direct, installed.
Where is the log file located? Is it a hidden file?
Thanks in Advance
Poppet

Re: Prepar3D will not start

Post by Poppet »

Hello Kimo42

Try these steps........

Launch Prepar3D from the Core Prepar3D v4 folder and test

Navigate to your Prepar3D core folder right click on the Prepar3D.exe and run as administrator

----------

Just to confirm, Have you run the Delete generated files command ?

Navigate to your core Prepar3D v4 folder, Scroll down a bit, Double left Click on the file Delete Generated files, A small black window will appear and then disappear again, this is normal

Then launch Prepar3D and test

----------

Have you tried running a repair on Prepar3D ?

Navigate to the windows Control Panel right click Prepar3D Academic \ Professional and click Change and click Repair

Then Restart your computer and test Prepar3D

Note: Insure you first disable your Antivirus Software, Your Firewall and the UAC (User Account Control)

----------

Also to eliminate a corrupt windows user Account........

Temporarily Create another Windows User Account with Admin privileges, Sign into this new account and then launch Prepar3D and test

Note: Don't use Special Characters in your Windows User name

Let us know how you get on