p3d 5.3 new version

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
tosco92

p3d 5.3 new version

Post by tosco92 »

hello everyone, I ask the most experienced to indicate me.
I have the latest version 5.2 with hotfix and I would like to update completely and perfectly to 5.3 without removing all the stuff I have installed for p3d including scenarios and programs. what method should i follow?
mpni

Re: p3d 5.3 new version

Post by mpni »

Hi tosco92
Have a look here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/news/announcem ... 12/120925/
Regards
Michel

... Please be aware that unlike previous version updates both content and scenery are required to be updated with version 5.3. Completely uninstalling the previous verions and running the full installer is recommended.

The following list of updates has been categorized based on the installer required. The Client, Content, and Scenery installers are required for Prepar3D v5.3, however the SDK installer is optional. You must first have Prepar3D v5 installed to utilize the Client only installer.

To install the Prepar3D v5.3 Client, you must first uninstall the previous Prepar3D v5.0/v5.1/v5.2 Client through Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel. Do not deactivate your license when prompted. If you selected to deactivate your license during uninstallation of your current Client, your will be prompted to reactivate Prepar3D. Please view the Prepar3D v5 Download and Installation Instructions for more information...
choppa

Post by choppa »

Yep...as it takes me a few days to do a complete reinstall, including the myriad of addons I have...I'll wait for the Hotfix
mpni

Post by mpni »

Uninstalling the previous version and running the full installer is recommended. But, as mentionned, you can update the Client, Content, and Scenery.
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=120861