[RESOLVED] Install Problem: "Disc Full" Help!

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Grover#1

[RESOLVED] Install Problem: "Disc Full" Help!

Post by Grover#1 »

I have spent the last three hours trying to install p3d 5.2...I get into the install for about 2 minutes and then get the error message that my disk is full...I know it is referring to my "C" drive, the OS drive...I am trying to install the program into my "F" drive, an SSD...I have deleted everything that I feel safe deleting from "C" but apparently I still do not have enough for the install...Is there a way to "trick" the installer into using a different drive for its background workings during the install process? Otherwise I think I am doomed to failure! Thanks for your assistance!

Steve in Kansas
mpni

Re: Install Problem: "Disc Full" Help!

Post by mpni »

Hi
In this page you will find some informations for installing Prepar3D:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=126570
Have you tried to put and unzip the installer in your F drive?
If yes, have you tried to change location of your temp folder on F?
(Do you have more them 13 gig of free hard drive space on your Operating system ?)
Regards
Michel
Grover#1

Post by Grover#1 »

Well, I fixed the problem: I'm not sure it is the "approved" method, but I ignored the installer and just ran each of the three components in the order of Client, Content and Scenery and it seems to have installed perfectly, ignoring the "C" drive...I might find a glitch later, but at least I am up and running! Thanks for the responses!
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I believe this is the one I replied to on flightsim.com.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.