C++ minimum runtime error

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
mikegolf86

C++ minimum runtime error

Post by mikegolf86 »

Good morning,

Yesterday I purchased and tried to install Prepar3d v5.
As I launch the installer, at some point the procedure gets interrupted by a message advising that it is impossible to find some "C++ 2019 x64 14.23.27820 minimum runtime" package.
I even tried to separately download this package in Windows, with an MCV runtime tool, but nothing to do. I get the same error message as in Prepar3d.
Is there any chance you can help me out?
Thank you in advance

Michele
mpni

Re: C++ minimum runtime error

Post by mpni »

Hi Michele
In your Windows configuration panel / programs and functionalities have you ?
Microsoft Visual C++2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) - xx
If not go here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/top ... f26a218cc0
Regards
Michel
mikegolf86

Post by mikegolf86 »

Hey Michel,

thanks for your reply. I used your link, installed the Visual Studio Suite and downloaded the required controllers, but when it comes to the setup, I still get the same error message: "try to find the installation package vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi in a folder from which you can install the product".
Then I download the package from somewhere on the Internet, and when I install the package, I get the same error message.
Seems a kind of a loop.
Any idea of how to get out of it? I don't really have time, patience, drivers and whatsoever to reinstall Windows and all the other programs I have running on my pc.

Thanks a lot!
Michele
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Michele,

What I would do here is to search for this string:

C++ redistributable

Then download and install all you find, both the x64 and x86 versions.

After that, run Windows Update, and make sure that in Update, under Advanced options, the switch "Receive updates for other Microsoft products" is set to On.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
mikegolf86

Post by mikegolf86 »

Thanks Jorgen,

I downloaded vc_redist.x86.exe which ran perfectly, then vc_redist.x64.exe which gave me back the same error.
In addition, this time it says "the older version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 x64 minimum runtime - 14.29.30037 cannot be removed. Cotnact tech support".
But if I go to the control panel, I can check there is no c++ installed anymore (I removed all of them).
It's really frustrating!

Thanks guys
mpni

Post by mpni »

Try this :
Open Windows PowerShell (Admin) and copy
sfc /scannow
(space between c and /)
mikegolf86

Post by mikegolf86 »

Hey mpni,

After finishing the scan, powershell says "all the damaged files have been restored".
Then I try to download and install again the c++ component, and still I got back the same error.
mikegolf86

Post by mikegolf86 »

Guys I don't know what kind of miracle happened, but after having tried literally EVERYTHING, i decided to erase and download again Prepar3d... And it worked!
Probably there were some broken files in the former download.

Thanks for all!
mpni

Post by mpni »

Good to hear your problem is resolved.