[RESOLVED] Prepar3d v5.2 crashes

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
tonyreis

[RESOLVED] Prepar3d v5.2 crashes

Post by tonyreis »

I installed v5.2 Client, then Content and Scenery (obviously after uninstalling Client, then Content and Scenery). P3D launches but disappears from the screen after a a FSLabs incompatibility popup and runs on the background. Did I do anything wrong, any guesses why? (I installed FlytheMaddog for v5.2 and updated Active Sky). Thanks much for your help.
Martyson

Re: Prepar3d v5.2 crashes

Post by Martyson »

tonyreis wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:04 pm I installed v5.2 Client, then Content and Scenery (obviously after uninstalling Client, then Content and Scenery). P3D launches but disappears from the screen after a a FSLabs incompatibility popup and runs on the background. Did I do anything wrong, any guesses why? (I installed FlytheMaddog for v5.2 and updated Active Sky). Thanks much for your help.
@ tonyreis ,

I have FSLabs also.
As far as I know it is not ready for P3Dv5.2 yet.

Have a look at the FSLabs forum for any new release information.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
tonyreis

Post by tonyreis »

I guess you didn't understand. The problem is not FSLabs...I'm saying that P3D v5.2 CTD after the scenery download (and a FSLabs popup). I don't know what to do. Everytime we have an upgrade we need to fix a lot of things. Dows anybody have the same problem? Is there a way to solve it?
Mihajlo123

Post by Mihajlo123 »

tonyreis wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:55 pm I guess you didn't understand. The problem is not FSLabs...I'm saying that P3D v5.2 CTD after the scenery download (and a FSLabs popup). I don't know what to do. Everytime we have an upgrade we need to fix a lot of things. Dows anybody have the same problem? Is there a way to solve it?
I have the same problems but not found a solution either
tonyreis

Post by tonyreis »

Thanks Mihajlo... no P3D flights until they come up with some hotfix or whatever.
aspen31

Post by aspen31 »

Hi
Don't have FS Labs but the only similar problem I've had was a bad Nvidia Driver which caused the Sim to CTD at a similar time. It seems interesting that you are receiving an FS labs error message at around the same time the Sim crashes. Could you disable FS Labs in some way and basically see what happens?
mpni

Post by mpni »

Hi
If your defaut flight contains an aircraft or a scenery which is not compatible with P3D, so it is a normal situation if P3D crashes.
Default flight must be always with an default aircraft on a default airport.
This is a rule for all tests (aircraft or scenery) but it can be a general rule.
Regards
Michel
tonyreis

Post by tonyreis »

Thanks much for your message. However, I don't believe FSLabs has anything to do with that since the CTD occurs right after the scenery loading popup, which comes AFTER the FSLab incompatibility popup. Am I right or missing something here? ( I thought about uninstalling the Content and Scenery files but don't have the old ones).
tonyreis

Post by tonyreis »

It seems I was wrong an the problem was FSLabs. I installed FSLabs for v5.2 and now everything works (well, I had to reinstall GSX and several airports). Problem was SOLVED. Thanks you all. :)
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ tonyreis ,

Glad to hear your problem is resolved.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)