[RESOLVED] P3D is not starting

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
moren

[RESOLVED] P3D is not starting

Post by moren »

Hi,

I have reinstalled my sim computer with Windows 10 enterprise and after that I installed P3D on the clean system as one of the first applications.

When I start P3D I get the splash screen in two seconds and then it closes. Nothing more is happening. Nothing in "event logs". And this was the reason I reinstalled the whole OS. I had the exact same problem after a client update (from 4.4 to 4.5).

What can I do to solve this?

(I have been running P3D for many years but never encountered this behaviour.)
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3D is not starting

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello moren,

Could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
moren

Post by moren »

Hi Brady and thanks for your reply.

I have followed those debugging steps and the problem remains. (The only thing I did not try before was to remove all usb-devices.)

This is a clean installation of the OS and P3D is the first application installed. (Except Chrome, Notepad++ and the latest Nvidia drivers.)

I have not installed any add-ons at this stage.

This is the first execution of P3D after the clean install. The only thing I get is the splash screen for 1-2 sec and then and idle Prepar3d sitting in the task bar.

Regards
M
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

Are you running as Administrator? Do you have any anti-virus that is preventing the launch? Can you provide the details of your system?

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
moren

Post by moren »

Clean install of Windows 10 1809. English language edition. Fully updated.

Software:
P3D (latest), no add-ons
Chrome
Notepad++
Nvidia drivers

Hardware:
CPU: Intel i7, 2600K (yes, old/slow)
RAM: 8GB
Graphics: Geforce 970 (yes, old)
2 x SSD (120GB + 250GB)

Running as user who is member of Administrators group.
Tried to start with "Run as Administrator"
Anti virus: Windows 10 "Windows security", with P3D-folders (install and created folders) "excluded".
Usually I turn of "real time protection" when simming.

The exact machine was running P3D with good results before reinstallation (with same flavor of OS).
With those add-ons (REX SF, REX EF, ORBX Global, ORBX Europe, SPAD-neXt, Multiple Saitek hardware, 3 + 1 monitors, FreeMeshX, several add-on aircrafts, several add-on airports, real-time weather (REX SF3D or Opus), ...)
moren

Post by moren »

Progress update:

If I connect to the sim computer over "Remote Desktop" I get the "Activation and Purcasing" dialog screen !!!

I am not "at site" and does not want to proceed before I have physical access. I will proceed and report more later today.

Could it be that this window is not shown because I have 4 screens?
I can't see the dialog on my primary display nor on my other 3 screen, but maybe this setup confuses the initial part of activation and the dialog is shown somewhere off-screen?
moren

Post by moren »

Update:

Started sim computer with monitor 2-4 powered of and now I get the "Activation and Purcasing" dialog screen !
Activated and now the sim starts even with all 4 monitors powered on. Strange!

Great news but two evenings of trouble-shooting I never get back... :-/

Thanks Brady for your interest in this case.

Best regards
M