Installation of Prepar3d

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Kadus

Installation of Prepar3d

Post by Kadus »

Good evening everyone, currently i'm having an issue when I start the setup_Prepar3D.exe . And the issue is that when I select where it should go on the options page to have it downloaded (E:Prepar3D v4) the files download into my c drive. I don't want it in my c drive due to it not having enough space on it for it to download. If there is any help with this please let me know and I appreciate it if you find a fix for it.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Installation of Prepar3d

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

What files are being installed on your C drive? The C drive will need to be used to some extent for files generated by the application, including configuration files. We recommend having at least 15 GB available on the C drive for Prepar3D to run properly, as well as 40 GB on the drive it is installed on.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Kadus

Post by Kadus »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:52 am Hello,

What files are being installed on your C drive? The C drive will need to be used to some extent for files generated by the application, including configuration files. We recommend having at least 15 GB available on the C drive for Prepar3D to run properly, as well as 40 GB on the drive it is installed on.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Hello Rob, On the screen that allows you to select where you want to download I choose a folder on my e drive, but it all tries to install on my C drive that has around 32 gb left on it.
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

When you select the path in the options page are you using the GUI and clicking where you want it to go or typing it? I noticed your path posted was E:Prepar3D v4 and not E:\Prepar3D v4. Also, are you running the installer as admin?

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer