Blurry ground texture with the latest 4.5,

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
hkhoanguyen

Post by hkhoanguyen »

I have a ground blurry texture just after taking off around 3 4 minutes, after loading into the sim it is fine, just after 3, 4 mins it becomes blurry,

I tried deleted shaders / p3D.cfg/ terrain.cfg but still no help

do you have any idea thanks

Photo : https://ibb.co/vjC7B9F
downscc

Re: Blurry ground texture with the latest 4.5,

Post by downscc »

Are you using high resolution terrain textures?

Deleting terrain.cfg is never recommended if you have any add-on scenery. For example, all Orbx would have to be reinstalled.

You didn't mention anything about your configuration or system.
Dan Downs
KCRP
paul33312

Post by paul33312 »

After version 4.2 they changed something, because many people noticed this problem.
I try 4.3 and 4.4 and i see drop fps and blurry texture!
I stay with the version 4.2 work perfectly.
hkhoanguyen

Post by hkhoanguyen »

downscc wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:34 pm Are you using high resolution terrain textures?

Deleting terrain.cfg is never recommended if you have any add-on scenery. For example, all Orbx would have to be reinstalled.

Good point, I didn't reinstall ORBX instead I copied it and put it outside after reisntalling 4.5 I copied it back, it might be the cause. But i also have just figured out that by turning on HT, it also fixes the problem.
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

hkhoanguyen wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:42 pm
downscc wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:34 pm Are you using high resolution terrain textures?

Good point, I didn't reinstall ORBX instead I copied it and put it outside after reisntalling 4.5 I copied it back, it might be the cause. But i also have just figured out that by turning on HT, it also fixes the problem.
Maybe this is not related to HT but AffinityMask settings. If HT is now needed, after a decade not needed for FSX and P3D, I feel bad with my i9 9700K, if LM has changed to effectively use HT.
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods
downscc

Post by downscc »

Don't blame LM. If I turn on HT with my 8700K I am guaranteed to see blurry terrain. I know this mode works for some and not others and I suspect it has more to do with stuff I know little about than simply hyperthreading.
Dan Downs
KCRP