Fresh reinstall

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
aviation_nerd

Fresh reinstall

Post by aviation_nerd »

I am in the process of trying to uninstall the sim to do a fresh reinstall, and i've uninstalled the client and have deactivated the license, but when I try to uninstall the content, and the Academic, I get a message in the process of uninstalling, that says the installer has insufficient privileges to modify the files: C:/program files/Lockheed Martin/prepar3d v4/texture/ap_w2_specular.dds any help to fix that so I can continue with the uninstall? I am uninstalling with admin rights but the error still comes up. Would appreciate any assistance to resolve the matter.
thanks
Christopher
Poppet

Re: Fresh reinstall

Post by Poppet »

Hello Christopher

Try this...

Right click on the Lockheed Martin folder located below, Click > Properties > Security, Then Click Edit

C:/program files / Lockheed Martin

Click on Everyone and SYSTEM and Tick the box for Full Control, Click "Apply" and "Ok"

Restart your computer when you have applied the changes

Then try and uninstall again.

----------

Also you could try the "Microsoft Troubleshooting program for uninstalling Issues" at the below

Click the link, Then click Download, Run this tool and go through the prompted steps to uninstall Prepar3D

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/hel ... or-removed

Let us know how you get on