Stuck On Splash Screen

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
smx55

Stuck On Splash Screen

Post by smx55 »

I install DRZEWIECKI DESIGN scenery and now I have a problem open software. I have tried to deleted deleting generated files, that didn't work. I reinstalled the Client still didn't work. I uninstall and format hard drive, reinstall Prepar3D fresh install, no Add-On...and still stuck on splash screen. Im lost !
Poppet

Re: Stuck On Splash Screen

Post by Poppet »

Hello smx55

Please try the 3 steps one by one in the link below to help Isolate the Issue

Let us know how you get on

viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=131467#p188769
smx55

Post by smx55 »

Poppet wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:35 pm Hello smx55

Please try the 3 steps one by one in the link below to help Isolate the Issue

viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=131467#p188769
Thanks Poppet for the help, I followed the steps that applied to me and still no difference. I uninstall and formatted the drive again and still no luck. I don't understand why a fresh install is not fixing the problem.
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi Smx55,

I use anaglyph 3D and sometimes I get a weird screen come up when starting as if something has gone wrong and I found a way to clear this screen. This screen would just sit there. Just try this just in case it helps you. Go to your Nvidia control panel and restore the settings to default and then try P3D again. It may help you or it may not but you have nothing o lose trying it.
KInd Regards

Bernie.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello smx55

Try Bernie's post above, Reset the Nvidia Control Panel to default again and then test Prepar3D

---

I understand you removed the generated files But did you also remove the 2 Prepar3D folders from your Documents location ?

PC ► Documents ► Prepar3D v4 files \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

---

Have you tried the steps in the Topic below ?

viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=128394
johnliem

Post by johnliem »

Hello

I have the same issue since last night

I follow this

viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=128394

following this link only solve a problem stuck on splash screen. (removed the generated files )

and yes, it works, I have done before, but my question is how to get all the addon I installed,
do I need to install them again ?
Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-12900K, Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti, DDR4 3600 64GB, P3D V5
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

johnliem wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:35 am and yes, it works, I have done before, but my question is how to get all the addon I installed,
do I need to install them again ?

Hello johnliem

That depends on what 3rd Party Add Ons you have Installed ?
johnliem

Post by johnliem »

Well, A lot, such as
All ORBX, FSDreamteam,Flightbeam, and some payware airaport like from Taxi2Gate and Imaganesim.PacSim.

when I delete all the generate files, they gone.
Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-12900K, Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti, DDR4 3600 64GB, P3D V5
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello johnliem

For your Orbx Scenery you can just launch the FTX Central control panel this action alone will activate the Orbx Scenery again. Launch FTX Central and wait for about 15 \ 20 seconds

Did you remove the "Prepar3D v4 add ons" folder from Documents ? Do you still have this folder ? Look into this folder you may still have Add On folders in this location, If so just click and drag these Add On folders back into this location above

johnliem

Post by johnliem »

Hello

I decided to reinsatll from scratch so it works now and FYI I did with the ORBX and I did not remove the Prepar3D v4 add ons folder, but I will do it next time when I have this issue again thanks for your support so far.
pelgrin21

Post by pelgrin21 »

This might help download lorby addon manager and setup you load order in there mixed scenery should be at the very top airports etc if you have vectors put that below the airports global,terrain and mesh also when prompted clear index scenery select yes its good go clean the scenery.cfg once in a while.Yesterday on my scenery computer after a flight I wanted to fix in Ksea addon trees all over the runway and jetway floating etc the vector load order was wrong so I fixed it with addon manager,and I was stuck at the splash screen so I cleared scenery index a few times and it loaded fine.ksea fixed as well,sometimes when you change scenery prepard has a hard time reading the scenery config and I sure don't want to delete scenery,cfg
it's a great tool scenery that you cant move in prepard you can Inside addon manager ,I wouldn't reccomend cleaning the scenery.cfg everytime you make a change but when you make drastic changes.