Can't install Content

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
MarkR

Can't install Content

Post by MarkR »

I've downloaded Cont1.cab & Cont2.cab, when I try to download Content, I get this:

Source file not found:

C:\Users\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\Downloads\cont1.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can assess it
Poppet

Re: Can't install Content

Post by Poppet »

Hello Mark

Does this message happen when you try to download the Install_content.msi file Or when you try to Install this file ?

This message is most likely due to a corrupt download of the cont1.cab file

Have you tried using a Download Manager to download all 3 files ?

The Topic below is from a user with a similar Issue

Let us know how you get on

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 24#p181563
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

Yes I shows up when I download the "Content". I have not used any programs to download it.
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

I used a download manager to download cont1.cab, cont2.cab and Content. Now I get the following message:

A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file C:\Users\Downloads\cont1.cab is not digitally signed. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt.
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

Update:

I deleted the cont1.cab, cont2.cab, and Content from Downloads and reinstalled using a download manager. This time it installed correctly.

Now I have a new issue. P3D will not start.When I open it, all I get is the "spinning wheel of death". As I'm writing this its been spinning for almost an hour.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Mark

Please try the steps in the link below first

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 77#p181677

----------------

Try this step next

Note: This action will disable your 3rd party Add On's

Navigate to your core Prepar3D v4 folder, Scroll down a bit, Double left Click on the file Delete Generated Files, A small black window will appear and then disappear again, this is normal

Then launch Prepar3D and test

Let us know how you get on

MarkR

Post by MarkR »

Thank you very much that solved the issue. One final question, do the Scenery files also need to be updated?
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

MarkR wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:40 pm One final question, do the Scenery files also need to be updated?

Hello Mark

No, this is not required, Only if you want or need these updates