[RESOLVED] Down Load Failure

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
mauricehicks647

[RESOLVED] Down Load Failure

Post by mauricehicks647 »

I have had P3d v4 installed on computer and it worked ok. Due to some problems with migrating FSX from the same drive
as P3D I uninstalled and cleared the drive. Upon trying to download and reinstall the download failed after about 2GB
After numerous tries I got an apparent complete download but upon trying to run the sim I get a message stating that the load needs to be aborted because their is no scenery config. I have tried downloading the components individually but the result is just the same. Any suggestions please. They need to be simple as this very retired flyer is not very good at tech matters.

Regards MsH
Kayla Dillon

Re: Down Load Failure

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Here's a post outlining how to download and install Prepar3D that you might find helpful:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=120676

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
downscc

Post by downscc »

mauricehicks647 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:52 pm I have had P3d v4 installed on computer and it worked ok. Due to some problems with migrating FSX from the same drive
as P3D I uninstalled and cleared the drive. Upon trying to download and reinstall the download failed after about 2GB
After numerous tries I got an apparent complete download but upon trying to run the sim I get a message stating that the load needs to be aborted because their is no scenery config. I have tried downloading the components individually but the result is just the same. Any suggestions please. They need to be simple as this very retired flyer is not very good at tech matters.

Regards MsH
In addition to Kayla's official reply, I'd like to add a recommendation to obtain the Internet Download Manager (IDM) for a nominal 25 bucks. IDM integrates with your browser (all popular browsers supported) and is much better at downloading large objects than any browser. It also has the ability to restart a download if interrupted without having to start at the beginning. IDM will also work with anything you download, including videos, pdf files, zip files, etc. The IDM was my solution back when I purchased P3Dv2 and I've used it for everything ever since.
Dan Downs
KCRP
mauricehicks647

Gents
Many thanks for the suggestions but this does no alter the abort message , scenery.config , not found when trying to start up after several attempts at re loading.
Regards MsH
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Have you tried uninstalling Prepar3D and then reinstalling?

Regards,
Kayla
mauricehicks647

Kayla
Yes I have tried that several times and still get the same abort message. As I originally said I did have this installed and working . The problems started when to solve a non P3d problem I uninstalled it. The download problem that then happened was , I thought solved when after a lot of tries I managed to get a complete download.

Regards Maurice
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Were you able to confirm that the MD5 checksums on your download match those listed on our website?

Did you delete your generated files before reinstalling?

Regards,
Kayla
mauricehicks647

Kayla
No I was not able to confirm the checksum and prior to your post ,have now deleted as for as I can tell, all the files downloads etc.
I will try again soon.

Regards
Maurice
mauricehicks647

Kayla
I have again failed to get a download in the recommended way . It stops at about 2GB and runs at about 8.2 mb/sec.

Not to give up I have now downloaded all the separate segments. This I then ran and was again met with the Abort message
due to no scenery config being found.
I have tried to understand the checksum matter but this doesn't compute with my aged brain.
As an aside I purchased P3d to assist with my navigation interest. I do fly for real some times.

Regard and in frustration
Maurice
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Try deleting your generated files. They are located here:

•%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
•%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
•%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Regards,
Kayla
mauricehicks647

Kayla

Am I doing this correctly : I have copied and pasted each of the lines separately , after the bullet point ,into my search computer field. I get no result for each search . If this is not the correct way then please help. Can you also tell me where the scenery , config file should be situated . I can at least look and see if it exists.

Regards
Maurice
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

The path to your scenery.cfg should be in the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Regards,
Kayla
mauricehicks647

Kayla

Found the scenery.cfg and it looked to be complete so I tried another download with the same failure. Any further suggestions please.

I do hope that the real Lockheed Martin aircraft computers aren't so temperamental.

Regards
Maurice
mauricehicks647

Kayla

Can you now show this matter resolved . I cleared all refs. to P3d that I could find and then an individual download of the various element . Much to my supprise it has loaded and works.

Regards
Maurice