[RESOLVED] Prepar3D v4 Not Loading Terrain

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Omikron

[RESOLVED] Prepar3D v4 Not Loading Terrain

Post by Omikron »

Hi everyone! I recently moved from FSX into P3D v4 and was very excited after running the setup. Unfortunately, when i loaded my "first flight" with absolutely no add-ons installed, I could not see any terrain, it showed instead a blue (white) terrain, some trees and buildings. I've read similar issues about this problem but all of them seem to have something to do with ORBX and other add-ons that i have not installed.

I'm running an Intel i7 4.7 Ghz core Processor, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 780 Ti 4GB (Direct X11 compatible) video card and 1TB hard drive. Please help me! I'll be extremely thankful!
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: Prepar3D v4 Not Loading Terrain

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello Omikron,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

You can try deleting your generated files first and see if that fixes the issue.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
lodanap

Post by lodanap »

I get exactly the same thing Omikron and it's driving me nuts. If I replace the 4.1 client with the 4.0 client I no longer get any terrains problems.

My setup is a Ryzen 1700, 16GB CAS14 3200 DDR4, Vega64 Air. I have Win10 64bit Version 1709 (Fall Creators Update). I also have a Vive VR headset. I've tested it with and without the VR. I get the same results.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

lodanap wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:54 am If I replace the 4.1 client with the 4.0 client I no longer get any terrains problems.

Hello

Try this........

Delete your Shaders folder by following the step below. This folder will generate again when Prepar3D is launched

Copy the Tex below and Paste it into your windows search bar and click on the result, this will bring you directly to the correct location

Right click and Delete the Shaders folder

Code: Select all

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

After you complete this, launch Prepar3D and test
lodanap

Post by lodanap »

Hi Poppet, that did actually help somewhat but the problems keeps coming back on occasion. Hopefully when 4.1 SP1 is released, it will help.