Uninstall Problem

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
rwcatherall

Post by rwcatherall »

Hi There,

Am attempting to do a clean uninstall and then reinstall on my SSD. However when uninstalling using the control panel I get the following Error message:

A network error occurred while attempting to read from file C:\WINDOWS\installer\Prepar3D.msi and therefore the program does not uninstall. In fact when checking C: drive there is no installer folder in the WINDOWS folder. So do I just delete the LM folder from my drive and reinstall or is there going to be a problem?

Bob
Saul

Post by Saul »

Hi Bob,

I recommend you do a repair first then uninstall. I would do it that long way around because if you delete P3D it will not release you license to install again.

When you uninstall a part of the process is that the uninstaller will contact the licensing server and release your license for installing again.

Otherwise if you just delete the folder and install again. you will probably get some registry issues and a licensing activation problem.

If you do encounter a licensing activation problem you will need to email Licensing@Prepar3D.com allowing 2-3 working days for a reply.

After you have uninstalled you will need to delete all the files and folders located at the following places to ensure a clean reinstall.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 (or the modified install location)

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

Regards,

Saul.
rwcatherall

Post by rwcatherall »

Ok Saul, thanks for the reply and info. Will do a repair and then attempt uninstall again. Regards.

Bob