License Type is UNDEFINED

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
cookedinlh

License Type is UNDEFINED

Post by cookedinlh »

Hi,
P3d was working well and then I had a WIN11 OS / RTX graphic card issue and the OS was replaced on C Drive. My P3D v3.5 REX weather and other components are all installed on a separate 1T SSD. Now when I try to start P3D I get "P3D encountered and error and will now close - The license type is undefined due to an unsuccessful installation". There are so many extras like head tracking and special 3rd part Aircraft and scenery installed. Whats the best way to recover or do I have to go through a fresh installation from scratch ugh!
Looked through a lot of Forum discussion and cannot find any help
Thanks
cookedinlh
JorgenSA

Re: License Type is UNDEFINED

Post by JorgenSA »

In this thread:

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 2&t=146349

I wrote a reply (the 6th one down) to a guy with another installation problem. If this does not solve the license issue, then (but only then) send an email to:

licensing@prepar3d.com

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
cookedinlh

Post by cookedinlh »

Can you please repost that since the link seems to be cut off or incomplete
Thanks
Cookedinlh
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I can't find the previous post, so here is what I would do in this situation:

1. Uninstall P3D, using the Windows Control Panel, SDK (if installed), scenery, content, client and then P3D itself, in that order! When done, then

2. In Windows File Explorer, go to the root of the drive where P3D was installed, and in the search box type:

prepar3d (this is assuming you only have one P3D version installed)

Delete everything that is found. Then, if your P3D was installed on a different drive than C:, repeat point 2 on drive C:.

Reboot now.

Install P3D, and do remember to run the installer as Administrator.

If your license issue is still there, then email:

licensing@prepar3d.com

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.