Prepar3dV4 no home screen

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Ben737

Prepar3dV4 no home screen

Post by Ben737 »

Hello,
Hope everybody is doing ok. When I start Prepar3d my start up window doesn't show up. I noticed that it happens when mostly I install the aerosoft scenery, but not all the time. Every time to fix it I would have to use the Delete Generated Files in the main Prepar3d root folder or delete those 2 folders ( the roaming and local) and its just annoying because when I would do either of those 2 things, it would work for a session and then it would happen again and I would have to reinstall all my scenery again. Is there a solution to this? I really couldn't find on on any forums.
Thanks,
Ben
Martyson

Re: Prepar3dV4 no home screen

Post by Martyson »

Ben737 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:45 pm Hello,
Hope everybody is doing ok. When I start Prepar3d my start up window doesn't show up. I noticed that it happens when mostly I install the aerosoft scenery, but not all the time. Every time to fix it I would have to use the Delete Generated Files in the main Prepar3d root folder or delete those 2 folders ( the roaming and local) and its just annoying because when I would do either of those 2 things, it would work for a session and then it would happen again and I would have to reinstall all my scenery again. Is there a solution to this? I really couldn't find on on any forums.
Thanks,
Ben
@ Ben737 ,
Ben

What is your full P3Dv4 xxxyyy version number?
Is your current P3D a full product install or an Update, like Client only?

Do you have a problem now or are you asking about a possible future problem?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Ben737

Post by Ben737 »

Martyson wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:27 pm
Thanks,
Ben
@ Ben737 ,
Ben

Can you direct me to the XXYY version number. I updated my client and I check and have the latest version of PREPAR3dV4 installed. I have a problem now! Also it might help you that When the simulator is running Task manager has it running like 13% of my cpu but no icon on the task bar or the actual screen shows up.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Ben737 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:49 pm
Martyson wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:27 pm
Thanks,
Ben
@ Ben737 ,
Ben

Can you direct me to the XXYY version number. I updated my client and I check and have the latest version of PREPAR3dV4 installed. I have a problem now! Also it might help you that When the simulator is running Task manager has it running like 13% of my cpu but no icon on the task bar or the actual screen shows up.
Ben737,
Ben

Start P3D
Top menu
Help
About P3D
Copy just the product version number (not your license number).

Just to verify, did you only upgrade the Client (not Content and scenery)?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Ben737

Post by Ben737 »

I just uninstalled the client I had and reinstalled the most recent client from Prepar3d website and it still doesn't work.
Ben737

Post by Ben737 »

Hey! here are product version number and the simConnect version number (not that you asked for it).
Prepar3D version number is: 4.4.16.27077
SimConnect version is: 4.4.0.0