And suddenly P3D doesn't work anymore

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
mikant

And suddenly P3D doesn't work anymore

Post by mikant »

Hello!
I am writing these lines with a translator and hope that you understand my problem.
Last Thursday I flew normally with P3D and a 777 from PMDG. Turned off the computer in the evening and turned it on again on Friday morning. When I wanted to start P3D nothing worked anymore. The start screen comes for 10 - 15 seconds and after that it is over.
In task manager, you can see that P3D is still working in the background, but it no longer works. There were no updates and I didn't install anything new.
At first I thought of the Scenery.cfg and the Prepair3D.cfg. Both files deleted. No success.
Then I searched here in the forum and saw an attempt at a solution. Delete different files after a video tutorial. No success.
Now I have deleted all addons and also deleted P3D with all associated files and reinstalled them again. It worked!
Then I wanted to import my addons again and started with the PMDG 777. Computer restart and P3D started. No success. Again, the same as in the beginning. Again, the same as in the beginning. 10 - 15 seconds Start screen, then nothing more.
Then I deleted the PMDG 777 again. reboot. Again, no success. Only P3DV4 was available as a basic program. Nevertheless, no success.
Now I have tried the repair function of P3D. Again, without success.
Finally, I completely deleted P3D and reinstalled it. Now P3D finally worked again and I went to bed.
This morning I got up and wanted to continue to find and solve the problem. I started my computer and then P3D. Same problem again. First the start screen and then again nothing.
Again the repair function of P3D is used. Without success.
I'm really at a loss now. P3D worked great for months and now suddenly ... it no longer works. I just don't know what to do and I need help! Thank you !
Martyson

Re: And suddenly P3D doesn't work anymore

Post by Martyson »

@ mikant ,

What is the full version number of your P3Dv4 xxxyyy ?
What is the full version number of your Pmdg 777 xxxyyy ?

Which Add-ons are you re-installing?

What are your system specs?

Did you follow these procedures?

Checksum , verify it:
Downloading Problems. Confirming the MD5 Checksum (by poppet)
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3&t=126465

Uninstalling/Deactivating Prepar3D:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=125187

Downloading and Installing Prepar3D:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=120676
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
mikant

Post by mikant »

Good Morning !
I apologize that I am just getting in touch, but the information was very extensive.
Since I don't know very much about computers, I went through everything very carefully and stuck to everything. IT WORKS!
Yes, P3D is finally working again.
In the course of my work I also updated everything, really everything, and brought it up to date that has to do with P3D.
Ultimately, however, I suspect the following:
Some file was believed to have been corrupted and as a result P3D stopped working. When I uninstalled P3D, not all files were deleted. As has already been said here, files generated by the system are not uninstalled as well. I uninstalled 3 additional folders by hand, but there were a total of 6 folders. The defective file was probably in a folder that I hadn't deleted. As a result, this file was used again by the program when P3D was reinstalled and repeatedly caused P3D to crash.
The instructions were really great and easy to understand even for beginners with the help of a Google translator. At this point, many thanks for that!
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ mikant ,

Glad to hear your problem is resolved.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)