V6 Support for 3rd Party addons

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
pestridge77

V6 Support for 3rd Party addons

Post by pestridge77 »

Hiya,

with the release of MSFS and the community shift (especially from previous 3rd party devs) towards that platform. I was wondering when LM began thinking about P3DV6? Before or after the release of MSFS?

As sad as it is to write this, it is painfully clear that no reputable developer is publishing or updating their P3D work lately with the same pace as they were before 2019. There are only about 4 full time devs still making products for P3D sadly and one of them only has one dev working on a very large addon, which has been in the making for years.
Aerosoft, UK2000, REX, Aeroplane Heaven, plus a couple of others have all pretty much dropped support or making new addons for P3D. Even PMDG doesnt update the P3D planes lately. Not sure if they have contracts with Asobo or what, but there seems to be a tidal wave shift from devs lately.

Has this affected the decisions made for the plans of V6 or is LM still wanting/needing 3rd party support for the next version?

Can I also recommend that Unreal Engine5 be used in the creation of V6 to surpass MSFS for a true photoreal simulator with a legacy mode built in?
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k @ 3.7Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090
RAM: 64G DDR4 Core Speed 3200Ghz
OS: Windows 10 (tweaked/modded for Flight Sim Performance)
MyPC8MyBrain

Re: V6 Support for 3rd Party addons

Post by MyPC8MyBrain »

v6.x 3rd party support looks rather bleak, unless LM is going MSFS route where they develop and support their own add-ons,
after the past two years pretty much no one's left, most dev's have abounded their position with P3D,
to bring them back will be practically mission impossible,

dev's were under the impression that LM & P3D were never about taking over 3rd party development nor the gaming scene,
and why they received our support all these years, the premise was they will never go after their own devs work and only focus on developing the platform for professional purposes, which clearly has changed since its inception,
Chris Bell
Creative Design Studios

Support forums: https://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/
dbw

Post by dbw »

For airport sceneries for Canada, coast to coast and up into the high Arctic, SimAddOns has Canada covered and they are great creations. Superb quality and very well done. I'm a long time customer.

Now a South American dev is doing photo type scenery that adds greatly to V6. I have MB, SK and NB Canadian provinces and will shortly add AB and ON. Again, like SimAddOns great value and they help bring V6 to life.

I fly the Majestic Dash-8 which has a v6 installer. Very pleased with it.

Xtreme Prototypes has the Lear 25/28 shortly to be released for V6. Also there is ASN for V6. Plus SimMarket now has sceneries for V6.

Slowly but surely V6 is coming nicely to life.

Let's all remember that MSFS2020 was a long time getting to where it is now too.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I did not know about SimAddOns, thank you for that!

Do you have a link for the South American developer you mention?

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
dbw

Post by dbw »

Good Morning, Jorgan,

Haven't got the link handy but if you google: FC Scenery you will easily find it. They have their scenery also for parts of the USA and around the world. I think I will add Nepal and Bhutan too.

You need to get some altitude for it to look best say 5000' but at 15-20k' it is very good. I flew for a living till retirement on the Canadian prairies & elsewhere and i was really pleased with what i saw with FC Scenery.

The downloads are on the larger side but well worth the time and disk space.

My interactions with FC Scenery have been excellent.

Dave
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Thanks you, Dave, I'll have look for it!

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
FCScenery

Post by FCScenery »

Hi everyone.
Thanks for the mentions, we are developing all realistic countries, we started with South America and now we have expanded to all continents, we provide support for Prepar3D v6, all products are tested in versions v4 v5 v6.

Our website is: https://www.fcscenerys.com/

We also provide special discounts when you obtain more than 3 products.

Best regards.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I tried to go to your site, but my AVG anti-virus says your site has a virus, the "URL:Blacklist".

Jorgen

FCScenery

Post by FCScenery »

It is a problem with the AVG antivirus, only AVG customers have notified us of this but they still log in, no one has reported problems with other antiviruses, and our website is completely secure.

Regards
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Thank you for this bit of information.

I added an exception for our site to AVG and now it works fine.

Thanks again -

Jorgen

Capt_Caveman

Post by Capt_Caveman »

same trouble here with avast antivirus
says url blacklist
i5-3570K @ 4.4 GHz, ASUS P8Z77-V LK, Gskill 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, EVGA Gtx-1070 8 Gb, Windows 10 Pro
NathanOrtiz

Post by NathanOrtiz »

Same here. Can I ask a question or start my own thread?