[RESOLVED] Landing gear lever

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
skysurfer

[RESOLVED] Landing gear lever

Post by skysurfer »

Greetings.
It would be nice to have separate key assignments to retract and extend landing hear. So far the only option is to use a toggle G button. If you have PnP landing gear lever you cannot assign a toggle option to it. Other simulators offer 2 separate commands for gear Up (or off) and Down (or On). Please consider add it. I am sure this won’t be too complex and costly addition. Thanks
Edward

i9-9900K 3.6 GHz | Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master | EVGA FTW3 ULTRA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB | CORSAIR H115i PRO Liquid Cooler | G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 4000 | CORSAIR RM850x PSU | W10 Pro 64bit | Samsung QLED 4K 50” TV| Prepar3D v5.1
MikeB54

Re: Landing gear lever

Post by MikeB54 »

It can be done if you are willing to manually modify your ..\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Controls\Standard.xml file.

In the section for the control that contains the buttons you want to use for the gear control you will probably find something like this,

Code: Select all

<Entry>
            <Index>7</Index>
            <Down>GEAR_TOGGLE</Down>
        </Entry>
The Index number is the button number reported to the sim. The index numbers start with 0 so make sure to take that into account when you are determining the correct number. Then you need to assign GEAR_UP and GEAR_DOWN to the desired index numbers.

On my Saitek X-55 I have Gear Up assigned to Switch 1 and Gear Down assigned to Switch 2 on the throttle. It looks like this in the Standard.xml file

Code: Select all

<Entry>
            <Index>5</Index>
            <Down>GEAR_UP</Down>
        </Entry>
        <Entry>
            <Index>6</Index>
            <Down>GEAR_DOWN</Down>
        </Entry>
Hopefully that pointed you in the right direction. As usual, make sure that you back up the original file before making any edits.

Mike
skysurfer

Post by skysurfer »

Oh really? I have opened topics in two forums to raise this concern but never got a good reply. I will try this suggestion. Thanks for help.
Edward

i9-9900K 3.6 GHz | Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master | EVGA FTW3 ULTRA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB | CORSAIR H115i PRO Liquid Cooler | G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 4000 | CORSAIR RM850x PSU | W10 Pro 64bit | Samsung QLED 4K 50” TV| Prepar3D v5.1
skysurfer

Post by skysurfer »

OK. That works very well. Thank you for your help.
Edward