Realistic jet engine/turpoprop start-up

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
ArtAir

Realistic jet engine/turpoprop start-up

Post by ArtAir »

Hello P3D developers,

Any possobility to make more realistic jet/turpo prop engine parameters during start-up? Some aircraft developers (for example Carenado) use default engine logic for their models. And this logic in P3D is legacy from FS9, maybe early. On real aircraft during jet engine start-up all parameters rising smoothly, N1/RPM increasing linearly, without casting.
Please, pay attention to revise this logic, to make more truthfully.
WarpD

Re: Realistic jet engine/turpoprop start-up

Post by WarpD »

It is currently possible to get this behavior from the sim, if the developer creates the correct flight dynamics values for their aircraft.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
ArtAir

Post by ArtAir »

WarpD wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:50 pm It is currently possible to get this behavior from the sim, if the developer creates the correct flight dynamics values for their aircraft.
Hi Ed,

Thanks for the answer. May I ask you to help how to correct "air" file? Which programes to use for it?
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

It requires you understand the values that are used to create an .air file. In that file there are values that control the behavior of the engine.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
ArtAir

Post by ArtAir »

It is so difficult. Would be so nice to get option to make more easy, specially for turboprops.
sibbe83

Post by sibbe83 »

The turboprop model in P3D is far from realistic, including the startup. The only realistic turboprop in P3D is Majestic Dash 8 Q400. But the reason for this is because engine physics and flight dynamics are taken outside of P3D. As far as I know it's not possible to make turboprop startup realistic in P3D. If some people claim that this is possible using correct variables, I find it hard to believe that absolutely no developer is able to do this without taking the simulation out of P3D using it's own external system like Majestic. The turboprop model is also so far away from reality that I never fly turboprops in P3D.