Add On Package BGL files priority.

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
Ace-9

Add On Package BGL files priority.

Post by Ace-9 »

Hello,

It is possible please, to give priority to an Add On Package bgl files in a future update, if the names in the add on package are also original BGL names as installed with Prepar3d?

There a requirement to use the UK Airspace data from http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/in ... mid=3.html

Currently the process involves creating new BGL's with the information from the NATS web site, (UK Airspace data) and naming them the same as the original BGL files that hold the data, namely BNXWorld0.bgl and BNXWorld1.bgl. These are original file names located in the Prepar3D\scenery\world\scenery folder.

If these files are added as an add on package with an add-ons.xml file, priority is NOT given to the new replacement BGL's - the original files found at Prepar3D\scenery\world\scenery, still function and therefore have to be renamed to NXWorld0.bgl.OFF for example.

With reference to my post viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=135912

Many thanks for your time reading and considering this.
Tally Ho & ATB...
Roger
Ace-9

Re: Add On Package BGL files priority.

Post by Ace-9 »

BUMP :-)
Tally Ho & ATB...
Roger
Ace-9

Post by Ace-9 »

Anyone from Prepar3d please ?
Tally Ho & ATB...
Roger
scruffyduck

Post by scruffyduck »

Do you need to use an addon package? I know this is the preferred method now but AFAIK P3D still honors the older priority setting which is done with scenery area order and within that file name.

Jon
ScruffyDuck Software
Ace-9

Post by Ace-9 »

Hello Jon,

Thanks for the reply.

I guess the long answer is, no it's not necessary to use a package, the old system worked in FSX and we just renamed the FSX files and copied the amended bgl's in to the \Scenery\World\Scenery folder. This works in P3D.

Notwithstanding that, we are trying to get away from having to interfere / rename the P3D files in line with the idea of minimum disruption in the event of a reinstall \ update of P3D and having to rename the original files every time because they are always replaced.

I guess a simple IF statement would suffice in the P3D code that prioritises "same name" files found in both Prepar3d and also within packages.

In our case the data from the NATS web site about UK ICAO Airspace is accurate, the native Prepar3D data is not, here is a simple example where the P3D data is more confusing than needs be for VFR. What I am asking for is what Prepar3D is trying to achieve by using packages and is a step in the right direction.

Fig 1. Original ICAO AIrspace for EGHI - EGHH from P3D (also FSX)
Fig 2. Updated ICAO Airspace for EGHI - EGHH from NATS

Fig 1.

Fig 2.
Tally Ho & ATB...
Roger