P3D v4.4 multiplayer

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
CHUSTADT

P3D v4.4 multiplayer

Post by CHUSTADT »

I have a problem using float aircraft in multiplayer mode? When we are on a lake or river in multiplayer and save the flight it will always take us back to the nearest airport when we load the saved flight which could be 100nm away from the saved location?
Any help would be appreciated
Thank you
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3D v4.4 multiplayer

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi CHUSTADT,

This is currently the behavior in multiplayer. Joining players (clients) must join near the host, at an airport near the host, or at an airport of their choice (if the host allows this).

If you wanted clients to be able to join at other locations (such as in a river), one option would be to create a structured scenario with different player role locations. This scenario would then need to be loaded by the host. Also, client machines would also need to have this scenario in order to join the session. This may or may not be an option depending on your use case.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
jimmimacc

Re: P3D v4.4 multiplayer

Post by jimmimacc »

I am trying to create a 3 player airborne scenario (aircraft are in the air, near each other) as a structured scenario in sim director. Followed all the steps and saved/exported the scenario to the other machines. The question is where should sxml file be saved so that P3D finds/recognizes it? I have tried several locations and when I launch the structured scenario on the host I get a message that says the "host scenario cannot be located on this machine". Another question, is there some other selection that needs to be made when saving the scenario? I am choosing 'No' for the "Isonground" feature under properties and setting the desired altitude?