Carrier Tacans not working in MP session

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
mfkillen

Carrier Tacans not working in MP session

Post by mfkillen »

Hi all

Can anyone confirm that Carrier Tacans do not work during P2P MP sessions. However, Tacans do work during Single player.

Cheers
Mark
aeronauta

Re: Carrier Tacans not working in MP session

Post by aeronauta »

Can you please be a bit more specific? what AC and add-on are you using? P3D V? , by P2P do you mean JFS?..
Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
mfkillen

Post by mfkillen »

Ahh Yes sorry
Thanks for the reply

Platform is P3D V4.1. The issue is Direct connect MP through the sim itself. I'm assuming your referring to JoinFS? Using JoinFS is not an issue as with using joinFS you are Single player mode anyway. As it was dino's T-45. Haven't tested any other ac as of yet.

Mark
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Mark , as you know the carrier Tacan is recognized by the aircraft , Dino's T45 (which I use and love) has only 5 carriers that it can recognize ...they are listed in the HUD gauge and are ..

<!-- --> <Macro Name="FREQ_ACC">111.00</Macro> <!-- 47X Acceleration Nimitz -->
<!-- --> <Macro Name="FREQ_NIM">112.00</Macro> <!-- 57X Javier's Nimitz -->
<!-- --> <Macro Name="FREQ_KIT">112.10</Macro> <!-- 58X Kitty Hawk -->
<!-- --> <Macro Name="FREQ_CLE">113.00</Macro> <!-- 77X Clemenceau (not implemented) -->
<!-- --> <Macro Name="FREQ_ARK">113.10</Macro> <!-- 78X Ark Royal -->
<!-- --> <Macro Name="FREQ_ENT">114.00</Macro> <!-- 87X Enterprise -->

as I use The enterprise from team SDB I dial114.00 tacan 87X.

is that your problem..

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
mfkillen

Post by mfkillen »

Hi Jorge

Thanks for the reply.
Yes sir I’m aware of all the carrier tacans from Vrs implementation to Fsx@war implementation through CCP. The issue is this. This issue is strictly with v4.1. Now a days the majority of all MP sessions are been run through JoinFs. Particularly with our wing. So during a multiplayer session through JoinFS is not an issue because you run the sim in single player mode.
Now taking joinfs out of the picture and running a more session through the sim itself is where the issues is.

I’ll keep V3.4 out of it as carrier spawned through CCP does not have workable tacan if you have VRS TP installed. This has been an issue from day one with CCP during beta testing.

Back to the subject sorry.
If you running P3D v4.1 spawn a carrier using fsx@war CCP. Connect or host amp session through the sim itself without using joinfs. You will not have any carrier tacan information displayed as it does not work.
Now simply exit the my session and the tacan will now work.

Hope this makes sense and thanks for your help

Mark
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Oh I see Mark, unfortunately I dont have CCP so I can not test or advise , have you asked at CCP?..

Jorge
Jorge Roldan